Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Maytronics (Dolphin) advanced function aka PRO remote on a Z5 - my testing results.

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide

Maytronics (Dolphin) advanced function aka PRO remote on a Z5 - my testing results.

Ladies and gents, I come with good news. The testing is complete...

My findings regarding using the Advanced function remote on the Dolphin Z5 are:

-The delay function doesn't appear to do anything. The robot begins cleaning as soon as you click enter.

-I don't know that the cleaning time (short, med., long) have any function. I'm too impatient to time it.

-The waterline focus selection absolutely without a shadow of a doubt makes the Z5 focus on the waterline. Video of this, as proof, below.

-All of the "focus" functions appear to effect the Z5 the same as they do on the M5.

In my humble opinion, as a pool owner with dark blue tiles, I think the remote is worth the 100.00 asking price for the tile function alone.

Video:
    https://youtu.be/A7gLGA8Wzbc - youtube neutered the video quality...I guess I should have selected HD...oops.
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Maytronics (Dolphin) advanced function aka PRO remote on a Z5 - my testing result

Thanks Mr. CC!

It's pretty interesting that they seem to have the same brain that responds to the commands. Makes perfect sense not to make multiples as you suggested would be the case. I didn't think of it until last night late, but I wonder if the start delay is in the power pak/supply? The more I think about it....perhaps so.

Great write up, and thanks for posting it for us.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Re: Maytronics (Dolphin) advanced function aka PRO remote on a Z5 - my testing result

Thanks Patrick. This test wouldn't have been possible without you. Bring your power supply over. We will find out

Hey. lets take your M5 apart and see if we can retrofit my z5 into an M5. Are you feeling adventurous?
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

4. Back To Top    #4

Not that much! Besides, we have another project first.

You're welcome, and I'm glad you decided to do this. Great info for the forum.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Just as an update. I ordered a replacement set of filters and a pro remote at marina pool and spa.

I now have more remotes than anyone. Lol

Eventually Patrick will want his back.

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

7. Back To Top    #7

Anyone have a clue if the advanced focus features of the M5 remote works with the M4 bot?
    16,000 Gal, In Ground, Sun-Pools Fiberglass "Cancun" 40'x14'x5.5' roman game pool
    AuaPro Systems cartridge filter (250 sq.ft), AuaPro Systems 1-1.25hp 3 speed pump, Dolphin M4 robotic cleaner.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by asphaltsurfer550 View Post
    Anyone have a clue if the advanced focus features of the M5 remote works with the M4
    bot?
    Afraid we don't asphaltsurfer, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

Where is Murray asphaltsurfer? Can you add that to your profile please?
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

9. Back To Top    #9

Great post @mrcarcrazy and thanks for posting the video.
    I received my pro remote on Friday and can confirm that the 'ultra clean' cycle works with my Triton Plus (robot ran 3.5h when selecting that cycle). However, just like in your case the delay function is not doing anything.
    This is disappointing as I had contacted Maytronics before to confirm that all features including the delayed start would work with my Power Supply. They wanted to know my power supply part number (9995678) and after I sent it to support they said all functions should work.
    If you find a way to trigger the delayed start on your Z5 definitely post it here.
    29000 gal outdoor in-ground 38' x 20' kidney plaster pool; Pentair 011017; FlowVis
    Hayward DE3620; Heliomatic solar heater 6panel; Maytronics Dolphin Triton Plus

10. Back To Top    #10

He tested with my remote, and we kinda came to the conclusion that it's in the power supply. However, we have not tested that yet. Your results seem to suggest otherwise.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

11. Back To Top    #11

has anyone tried the m5 power supply with the z5

12. Back To Top    #12

Just purchased the PRO remote for my Triton Plus. Anxious to try the wall and tile mode. My pool is large and I would like more time spent on the tiles.
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by gary300 View Post
    Just purchased the PRO remote for my Triton Plus. Anxious to try the wall and tile mode. My pool is large and I would like more time spent on the tiles.
    Would you please post where you ordered your remote from? And do the added function work with the triton plus?
    IG, Peb Tec, 15,000 gal saltwater pool with spillover spa. Pentair Clean and Clear Plus cartridge filter (flow rate 150 gpm). Pentair WhisperFlo 2hp pump + 3/4 hp booster pump. Intelichlor IC40 cell. UltraPure Turbo Shock ozone generator. Pentair 320 in-line feeder for winter chlorination. StaRite Max-E-Therm nat gas heater. Pentair EasyTouch controls

14. Back To Top    #14

I purchased my PRO remote HERE.

I purchased this to get the wall and tile function and have not tried the other modes. As reported in this topic, all functions except the delay start seem to work just fine.
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by gary300 View Post
    I purchased my PRO remote HERE.

I purchased this to get the wall and tile function and have not tried the other modes. As reported in this topic, all functions except the delay start seem to work just fine.
    Thanks!
    IG, Peb Tec, 15,000 gal saltwater pool with spillover spa. Pentair Clean and Clear Plus cartridge filter (flow rate 150 gpm). Pentair WhisperFlo 2hp pump + 3/4 hp booster pump. Intelichlor IC40 cell. UltraPure Turbo Shock ozone generator. Pentair 320 in-line feeder for winter chlorination. StaRite Max-E-Therm nat gas heater. Pentair EasyTouch controls

16. Back To Top    #16

Please check my logic/thinking on Maytronic Robot controls:
    All control functions are located in the Power Supply and transmitted to the Robot through the Power/Control cord.
    Advanced Functions are only available by use of the Remote. Can't select "Floor Only" or "Walls & Waterline" without a Remote.
    If the Power Supply Part # is the same for different models (eg 9995678 for M400 & M500) the M500 Remote Pro should work with and provide the advanced functions when used with a M400.

Are these the same conclusions from the Tests in this thread?
    I have a M400 but no Remote, the M500 Remote is only $10 more than the M400 Remote, so for $10 will I get the M500 advanced functions with my M400?
    24000gal IG, VL, 1.5 HP, Pentair 60/60D Sand 325#, BBB, Stenner45MHP2 (Replaced Liquidator), Dolphin M400

17. Back To Top    #17

What is the part number of the Pro Remote and cost? Just want to make sure I get the right one!
    18,000 gal, IG kidney w/ spa, Pebbletech, 60 DE filter, 2 skimmers, auto chlorinator, 2.0 hp pump, Dolphin M400

18. Back To Top    #18

Look at the link in Message #14 above. The Pro Remote is $90 and the Basic remote is $80.
    24000gal IG, VL, 1.5 HP, Pentair 60/60D Sand 325#, BBB, Stenner45MHP2 (Replaced Liquidator), Dolphin M400

19. Back To Top    #19

Is it also possible to use a different power supply with the Z5 to enable scheduling?

17'x35' 22,500 gal. Gunite IGP 3.5-8.0 ft. IC60 SWG, 2 skimmers, 2 main drains, 4 returns. CCP520 cartridge filter, 3hp IntelliFlo 2 VST VSP, EasyTouch 4, ScreenLogic2, 2 IntelliBrite Color LEDs, Poolmiser autofill, UltraTemp 120R H/C 125K BTU heat pump, Diamond Brite Super Blue, No spa or water features.