Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Question

First time to get algae in pool .it isn't bad mainly in deep end and on ledges. I followed the instruction
    On this site and got my FC up to 12 and checked it 4 times starting at 4 pm.each hour had FC loss of about 3-4. When I went to bed my FC was 12 and now this morning is a 12. Does this mean I am ok I can still see some green but maybe I didn't brush good enough.dont know if it matter but no sun today it looks like.
    22k,chlorine,cart,finished dec2013,pebble

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Question

If you still see algae, then you fail the clear water criteria to stop the SLAM. Keep SLAMing and brushing.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Agree with Jason. Brush the pool n SLAM.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Brush, brush, brush.....

The algae may have a biofilm over it and brushing will berak it up allowing the chlorine to do its thing.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

5. Back To Top    #5

Ditto.. keep the faith
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    2017-Intex Ultra Frame 16x48 5000 Gallons
    Intex 2800GPH Pump with 14" Intex Sand Filter
    My Intex Pool Setup Video :Intex pool rises from the ashes - installing and leveling - EP-72 - YouTube

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

You need to maintain the FC as best you can until you no longer see any sign of algae and your water test shows a CC of less than .5 and you pass the OCLT. If you were testing ever hour and losing 3-4 it doesn't make sense you went to bed and it suddenly stabilized. Just saying that doesn't sound right as the FC will drop a little less each time it's tested and adjusted back up. Going from dropping 3-4 in an hour to not dropping at all overnight just doesn't sound possible.

You have only mastered one of the three steps necessary to insure it doesn't come back. Follow the directions for the SLAM and you'll have sparkling clear water in no time.

SLAM - > http://www.troublefreepool.com/conte...tain-shockingl

What test kit do you have ??
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

How do you chlorinate your pool?
    What is your CYA level?
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

8. Back To Top    #8

I use bleach and my cya is 30. I am getting frustrated because I brush 3 times a day but I still have areas that won't go away. Today I only lost 2 ppm over 6 hours but still can't get it gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Also test kit is the recommended on this site.

9. Back To Top    #9

Do you have poor water circulation in the areas with the visible algae? Can you post some pictures of the problem areas?
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

10. Back To Top    #10

I will post pic in morning. I have waterfall on different pump near area would running that help

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by rmyoung View Post
    I will post pic in morning. I have waterfall on different pump near area would running that help
    I would like to give you a positive answer, but all I can say is maybe. It is not beyond the realm of posibility that the are I question does not circulate well without the additional pump. This would end up being an area With lower FC leading to algae. Not saying that is the case, but possible.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

12. Back To Top    #12

It could be because it the deepest part of the pool but it is closest to equipment.If it is poor circulation what do you do. Also turned n water fall which is about 5 ft from problem area

13. Back To Top    #13

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg

14. Back To Top    #14

If your brushing and it's not coming off have you checked for metals? Try dropping a vitamin C pill on the stain to see if it lights it up. Probably a good idea to post a complet set of test results.
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!