Quartzscapes - Do you have it? Do you like it?

Feb 28, 2015
Pasadena, CA
We are rapidly approaching the plaster phase and need to make a final decision on plaster asap (we're doing owner builder so this decision wasn't made at the beginning). Neither my husband or I like the feel of peppletec (too bumpy) or the look in shallow water. So we were originally thinking we'd do standard plaster. But recently we heard about Quartzscapes (and confirmed that the sub we have contracted for plaster does quartzscapes) and it seems like the perfect middle ground for us -- smooth finish with a more uniform look like plaster. But with some of the added strength of pebbletec.

Anyone on the fourm have Quartzscapes finish? Do you like it? How is the texture? Is the color even? We're thinking of going fairly dark grey. Anyone have any pictures to share?

Thanks!

- Melissa

No, but I have a very good Quartz, and if yours is installed correctly it will look nice. Brand/color choice has everything to do with installation, and extremely little else.

Darker colors tend to streak and mottle more than lighter ones, and none will be 100% perfect. Quartzscapes is an excellent product, and done well, it will last for many years, so be sure of the color of water you want. Quartz is in my opinion the perfect answer to Pebble and plain Plaster. Smoother than pebble, more durable than plain marble plaster.

As for pictures, any that are put in with the same hue/shade of Grey will look so close to yours it wont matter. Surroundings play a huge role in the final appearance as well.

7ff9816b8cd3edb2f31fa7d8da48ea83.jpg
38c4565a6fbbc33eeedb8a981702f6a3.jpg
bd26732c9a103288f0e843c5710916fb.jpg
bee12c0a61a0e1e3da0116efffd208ec.jpg

Some pictures of our Quartzscapes in Aruba Sky blue. The texture is pretty smooth feeling. The quartz will show up more in some areas than others because of the mixing. I realized too late that our plaster crew did not do a good job of keeping the color more even when applying the plaster. We are cool with it because it almost gives the plaster a marble look to it. The other plus is in 10 years or so you will have to acid wash the Quartzscapes and you'll be good to go for another 10 years and not replastering your pool.

No, but I have a very good Quartz, and if yours is installed correctly it will look nice. Brand/color choice has everything to do with installation, and extremely little else.

Darker colors tend to streak and mottle more than lighter ones, and none will be 100% perfect. Quartzscapes is an excellent product, and done well, it will last for many years, so be sure of the color of water you want. Quartz is in my opinion the perfect answer to Pebble and plain Plaster. Smoother than pebble, more durable than plain marble plaster.

As for pictures, any that are put in with the same hue/shade of Grey will look so close to yours it wont matter. Surroundings play a huge role in the final appearance as well.

Patrick - Thanks for your reply. I like the sound of smoother than pebble but stronger than plain plaster.

- - - Updated - - -

Some pictures of our Quartzscapes in Aruba Sky blue. The texture is pretty smooth feeling. The quartz will show up more in some areas than others because of the mixing. I realized too late that our plaster crew did not do a good job of keeping the color more even when applying the plaster. We are cool with it because it almost gives the plaster a marble look to it. The other plus is in 10 years or so you will have to acid wash the Quartzscapes and you'll be good to go for another 10 years and not replastering your pool.

Your water looks beautiful (as does the rest of your pool). So refreshing. I couldn't find the uneven spots in the photos. It looks perfect. It's really good to hear that it has a smooth feeling. So hard to tell from the sample! And the 10 year acid was and good as new sounds like a major plus as well. Thanks!

Thank you so much for sharing your process. We are about to choose our finish and we are leaning toward the Quartzcape Commercial White. Our installer was recommending a polish and acid wash to smooth the surface even more. Did you do that with your finish?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Would love to see your pictures with the reflective series! We are trying to decide between the Caribbean Series Aruba Sky vs the Reflection Series Aruba Sky.

Beautiful pool! Love the tile choices for the water edge and the wall. Do you happen to know the brand/name? We are choosing our plaster and tile now and this really helps, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Is this Aruba Sky the Caribbean Series one or the Reflection Series one?

Sorry I didn't see your post sooner. That is the regular Caribbean Series Aruba Sky, I don't remember the Reflection Series Aruba Sky being an option when we made our pick for plaster. Sounds neat, hope you put some pictures up of it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.