Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacement liner inside of Intex 18' metal frame

1. Back To Top    #1

Replacement liner inside of Intex 18' metal frame

So happy I found this site/thread..... my 18x48 has leaks and Intex is tooooooo much to replace with one of their liners.... my question is: expandable or the correct size of a lap over or even a size up (52 wall)? I am assuming that the expandable doesn't have a circular seam and that would make it easier to fit. Thank you for your input.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Replacement liner inside of Intex 18' metal frame

Is it cheaper to buy a new pool as opposed a new liner?... even an overlap costs a fair amount.

I would hate to hear the pool failed at the rip/leak.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

3. Back To Top    #3

This has been done before many times. Search for liners in intex pools n the thread should come up.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

I saved this link for when I need to replace my liner. The intex liner is nearly the cost of a new pool, so I figured this would be an option.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...18-metal-frame

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by lovey View Post
    So happy I found this site/thread..... my 18x48 has leaks and Intex is tooooooo much to replace with one of their liners.... my question is: expandable or the correct size of a lap over or even a size up (52 wall)? I am assuming that the expandable doesn't have a circular seam and that would make it easier to fit. Thank you for your input.
    You should try fixing the leaks. Last year I had about 40 leaks when I set up the pool. There were no leaks when I took it down the year before. I found all the leaks, which were all on the bottom near the edges. Set up the pool and fill it with about 1/2" of water. Look for wet spots around the perimeter. You can fold the bottom of the pool over and press down to see where the leaks are. I would mark them with a sharpie