Pics of pool that is higher than the house....Anyone?

kris77

May 27, 2014
Clarksburg, WV
So my house is about 4 or 5 feet lower than my pool. When I look out my back door, my eyes are just about even with the top of the pool.

My problem is this. I want to put a deck on the pool. And I'm afraid if i put a deck on, the part you see from the house is going to look like it's 100ft in the air. Does that make sense?

Just wondering if anyone has any pics of a pool setup that is similar to this so I can put my mind at ease.

Is your pool beside the house or behind it? I can't remember....

My pool is a little higher than my house (maybe a foot or so). I added my deck about a foot off the ground and then added a second higher deck in the back corner

IMG_5148.JPG

IMG_5147.JPG

IMG_5153.JPG

Ours might be similar, but I don't know if it is quite that high. I don't have any good pics showing it right now, but I will post some in the morning. I was worried about the same thing, but I like how ours has turned out.

Yeah, its all I had handy. I'm actually standing on the edge of the porch/deck while taking this pic.

I'll try and get a good pic tonight. But i'm in the process of tearing out the deck i'm standing on and building an actual covered porch. I just dont want to look off my porch and see a 6ft tall deck standing there. It actually might not look all that bad, but in my head, its going to look massive.

I'm planning on making a 8' or 10' deck extending from the pool towards the house. And then having a 3' walkway all the way around the pool. But i'm afraid the end facing the house will look like its 15' tall from inside the house or on the new porch....lol

Planning on something like this.....With the big end facing the house.

Pool-Decks-Plans.jpg

If it were me, I would not use lattice as a skirting on the deck. I know it's more economical, but I think it would enhance what you're looking to avoid. I think I would use boards, either horizontally or vertically, and maybe it would blend better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.