Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair bottom drain brass insert.

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair bottom drain brass insert.

Good day,
    The problem I have is on one of the Pentair bottom drain brass inserts that the 8-32 stainless steel screw goes into has deteriorated. I cleaned out the brass remains and now not sure where to find the brass insert. Out of the 2 drains this is the only bad insert. Thanks for any help.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair bottom drain brass insert.

Welcome!

There is the mechanic's solution - a self-tapping screw. Something like this, in stainless steel:
    That image should be a link.

The 8-32 threads are already buggered, so there's no reason not to make them worse. The alternative is probably to drill and tap the threads to the next size up, which won't be easy if there's water in the pool.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pentair bottom drain brass insert.

Thanks for everyone's help. I finally ordered the follows. These are Pentair OEM parts.

8 of 8-32 Int. Thd., .313 Lg., With Head, E-Z Lok Press Inserts for Plastics, Brass from Essentra Components.