Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool Build In Los Angeles

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool Build In Los Angeles

My PB just finished digging out our very first pool! It's a 30x20 free form play pool with a 7' spa. We're on a budget so we're keeping it simple, flagstone coping and french gray plaster. The equipment will all be Pentair, IntelliFlow VS Pump, 420 Cartridge Filter, and Master Temp 400 gas heater. We plan to use the TFPC method to maintain our pool. The grading inspector is coming out today so wish us luck! Part of our backyard remodel project also includes new fencing, stamped concrete, and a pergola. My wife and I are super excited!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool Build In Los Angeles

Looks good so far! At least one of the dogs seems excited as well. Hopefully it doesn't cost a fortune to fill it due to the "water issues" in CA.
    Owner-Builder, 13,500 IG StoneScapes Mini Pebble (Aqua White), Pentair 160301 Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40, Intelli pH system, Intelliflo VS pump, Startup 2/26/2015

3. Back To Top    #3

Things are moving pretty quick. We got our new redwood fence installed this past weekend and our PB also got the pool steel and plumbing in place. Pre-gunite inspection is scheduled for tomorrow, if we pass, gunite will be shot on Friday.

30 x 20 IG Play Pool + 7' Spa ~16K Gallons, French Gray Plaster, Pentair Intelliflow VS, Pentair CCP420, Pentair MasterTemp 400K Heater, Intellibrite LEDs.

4. Back To Top    #4

Looks good, kinda surprised they are permitting new pools at this time (water wise) but they are less wasteful that lawn watering.
    Chris - aka cwescapexlt4x4
    (Build 8/26/14 - 10/17/14) in-ground Presidential Pools 15K gallon salt water pool Pentair Inteiliflo pump, Regal Blue Pebble, Clean & Clear filter, in-floor cleaning,
    LED light, 3' sheer spill, 2 benches, large Baja step. / Pergola by Booth Built 19W x 14D // Outdoor Kitchen, W/Primo grill and BBQ Coach kit for the island.

5. Back To Top    #5

Very nice! My husband would enjoy that sport pool. He's not into deep water.

Keep us updated!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

Hi there. I'm in Pasadena and looks like we'll need to replace our fence for our build as well. Can you tell me who did your new fence? It looks great.
    Thanks,
    Julie
    Completed new pool & spa in Pasadena, CA Oct 2015
    14' x 25', raised bond beam for water feature
    deck jet, Baja step, 7'x7' spa
    Pentair equip, saltwater, EasyTouch remote system

7. Back To Top    #7

Hi Julie, I'll private message you with the fencing contractors information.
    30 x 20 IG Play Pool + 7' Spa ~16K Gallons, French Gray Plaster, Pentair Intelliflow VS, Pentair CCP420, Pentair MasterTemp 400K Heater, Intellibrite LEDs.

8. Back To Top    #8

Here's a few more pictures of my build. All that's left to do is a little landscaping.

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

Phenomenal! What a transformation! You guys must be loving this and having a ball. Your fence is gorgeous, but the pool - I love everything you guys chose. I think I saw your tile on another thread? Well, maybe someone else has the same tile, but I love that tile! And the split-face stonework on the spa goes perfectly with it.

I'm so glad ya'll did all this for your dog!!! He looks quite satisfied with everything! Ha ha! When to spruce things up, our cats always behave as if we did it just for them ( or that's what we think they think!!!).

Thanks for sharing the photos! Send more as you landscape!
    Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

10. Back To Top    #10

Funny thing is, our dog was a big reason why we did this. He suffers from Degenerative Myelopathy, it's a disease that's similar to ALS in humans. He is slowly losing control of his rear legs and with time, it will progress to his front legs, and eventually his organs. Swimming is the only therapy that's shown signs of slowing down the disease. He absolutely loves to swim and it brings us great joy watching him enjoy the pool.

11. Back To Top    #11

Awwww... that's so sweet! I'm really happy for you guys and especially for your dog! The pool turned out beautifully.
    Completed new pool & spa in Pasadena, CA Oct 2015
    14' x 25', raised bond beam for water feature
    deck jet, Baja step, 7'x7' spa
    Pentair equip, saltwater, EasyTouch remote system

12. Back To Top    #12

Great pool and a great dog! How do you get him to keep that noodle under him? Or is that one made for a dog?
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

13. Back To Top    #13

Great pool... congrats!
    Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

14. Back To Top    #14

Love your pool and especially love Buster! He's a great swimmer
    12' x 24' IG approx 9.5k gallons
    4' 8" constant depth, vinyl liner, air to water heat pump, floating solar cover, 1 skimmer, 2 inlets, 1 underwater LED light, sand filtration system & now, finally, a TF100 test kit