Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help Sizing Stenner Pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Sugar Land , TX

Help Sizing Stenner Pump

Ok I was going to go with LQ but seems to have to many issues. So Stenner sounds like the solution. I have 8500 gallon pool and use about 48 oz. bleach per day. My math says if I get 45mp2 @25psi pump that pumps 0.89 oz/min that I should only need to run for 54 min/day. Does that sound correct? I should be able to hook up to my ET8 on aux and schedule Stenner pump to come on over night with pump for 54 min.

2. Back To Top    #2

North DFW

Re: Help Sizing Stenner Pump

That seems to be the size alot of people get, including myself. I got the 45MPHP10 which is essentially the same thing, but with an additional check valve. There is plenty of head room up or down with that pump.
    39' x 18' IG 3.5X4.5X9 34k gallon w/ raised spa, 3 stone scupers
    Jandy 60 SqFt DE, Jandy PDA PS6, Jandy JXi400 heater, Jandy 2.0 EPump w/SVRS
    A&A Manufacturing ICS w/G4 venturi heads
    2 incandescent lights in pool, 1 in spa.

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Help Sizing Stenner Pump

Looks like you don't need much help at all. That looks like it'll be a good size pump.

I like the HP model simply because of the check valve in the injection fitting. That way if you split a pump tube or the injection tubing comes loose you're not spraying a stream of water out of the injection fitting when the filter pump is running.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit