Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Chlorinator + Ozone combo

1. Back To Top    #1

Chlorinator + Ozone combo

I'm about to buy a chlorinator to be combined with a 10mc/hrs pump/sand filter.
    I read over the Internet that a primary brand produces a chlorine + ozone generator costing about 100 € more than a chlorinator alone but promises a better water disinfection.
    Can anyone help me on this? Should I spend a little more and have even the Ozonator?
    How would be difficult the maintenance of this device?
    Thank you in advance for any help!

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Chlorinator + Ozone combo

Welcome to TFP.

Unless it's an indoor pool with a heavy bather load, I wouldn't recommend the ozone generator.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Hudson, WI

Re: Chlorinator + Ozone combo

Welcome to the forum Fukinafashi

More information about your pool it's equipment and the equipment you're considering would be very helpful but I'm +1 with Bama.

Can you please add info about your pool into your signature as outlined here - >

What chlorinator are you about to buy ?? What brand, model # ... Same with the chlorine + ozone generator ??
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. May 20 - opened for summer
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit -
    Please help keep the lights on so we can be here for others, become a TFP Supporter!