New Skimdoctor installed

Mar 22, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Arrived from amazon today. I got it installed tonight. Ill report how it works later.

3ccb4a6d683dae29f787fa16824520e3.jpg

I was having a problem prior to buying this with my skimmer diverter shutting off the water flow even though my water level is half way up the skimmer. I need to sort that out first. Maybe a new diverter or remove it all together? I replaced the float valve in my auto filler so im not worried about the water level dropping. Maybe the diverter is bad. It's probably 10 years old.

Please do post a review. After watching the video I'm a little skeptical as I don't have any of the problems with my skimmers it's supposed to cure but I'm always happy to find a new product that saves me time or trouble around the pool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8vbYxjuDls
I agree. I really didn't see any difference in suction with the leaves as in the video. Snake oil ????

Hi, I work for Totally New Technologies, the designer of the SkimDoctor. I don't want to intrude upon your conversation other than to say that I urge you to read the FAQ (including the comments about positioning the SkimDoctor with the slot at the 2 o'clock position, with the skimmer opening being 6 o'clock) to get the most out of the product. Please also contact us if you have any questions. The FAQ is located at http://www.totallynewtechnologies.com/support.php.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just discovered this online today. I have a kidney shaped pool and I was searching for any product that would assist my skimmers as there seems to be an area near my stairs where the water doesn't cycle and all the debris collects. Was thinking maybe there was some kind of autonomous contraption that would work it's way around the pool that could dislodge floaters in corners, near stairs, etc. Would love to know what the OP's experience is with this gadget.

I understand what you're saying about run time but their claim is likely based on their belief that the SkimDoctor is more efficient so someone might be able to run their pool pump a shorter period of time if their only intent is to capture the floating debris on the surface.

I messed with it a little today. I have a 2 speed 2 hp pump. With the pump on high it has a nice whirlpool action inside the skimdoctor but to be honest I really didn't notice it pulling anything more in...........NOW the interesting part with the pump on low speed it did seem to pull more stuff in then the other skimmer without the skimdoctor installed (that skimmer is also closer to the pump by at least 25'). The skimdoctor was setup with the door fully open and the mouth at the 6. I will review in a week or so

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.