I'm Luis; my family and I have just started the "pool journey". We live in David City, Republic of Panama. I was investigating about less chemically intensive, simple and functional maintenance methods... and I came across the TFP and BBB.
The pool will be ready in a few weeks and I would like to familiarize myself with these maintenance methods to be ready for the first fill. I have many (way too many) questions, so I will just start with the technical description of the pool.
The pool will be painted; the structure is made of reinforced concrete and 12,000 gallons capacity (rectangular). The pump-filter system is a Pentair Whisperflo (WF-23) 0.75HP with a Pentair SD-60 sand filter… test kit will be Taylor 2006-C. Now, let's factor in that the rainy season here goes from mid-may to december... this means moderate to heavy torrential rain after mid-day... the rest of the year... well, it just rains less (occasional showers) but is extremely sunny.
1. What test should I perform on the water that will be used to fill the pool ?
2. Once the pool is filled… what goes in first and/or what parameter should be tested and adjusted before adding the next product ?
3. How much bleach, borax and baking soda (or other product, i.e CYA) should I have in hand for this first conditioning ?
4. The system has an in-line chlorinator… do I really need it since bleach will be the main Cl source.
5. What to do and what to check during the torrential rain season ?
6. What other product(s) are good to have / use (that will not throw-off the balance of the pool) when implementing the TFP or BBB methods ?
7. The walls and bottom will be painted, but some sections will have tiles… should I worry about Calcium Hardness ?
8. Any other tips or things to consider ???
Thanks in advance for all your help and input...