New to Forum - from NC

Apr 8, 2015
Coats, NC
Glad to find this forum!! I've been doing my pool maintenance since I purchased it in 1998. It is a 24' in diameter above ground with a vinyl liner. The pool originally had a cartridge filter, which I changed a year ago along with the pump with a Hayward sand filter and Hayward Power Flow Matrix pump. I have had good years and I've had bad years trying to keep my pool maintained. The local pool folks around where I live have a fair amount of turnover every year so I get less than adequate help from them. I am glad I found this forum as I am looking forward to reading and learning how to actually maintain my pool properly.

Hi There Istrickland!
Welcome to TFP!

First let me say THANK YOU for filling out your profile! That is so much help to know when you have questions.

If you havent already, the best place to start learning is by clicking the Pool School Button. Lots of info in there and can no one expects you to learn it all right away. SO feel free to post any questions that come to mind.

Next, its just plain logical, that if you dont know the chemical levels in your pool, then you cant know how much of which to add .. .right?
So we really rely on people testing their own pools with a reliable test kit. Pool store testing is notoriously wrong and unfortunately, just cannot be trusted.

Most folks here on TFP recommend either of the following kits.
Taylor 20006 Test kit - available at several online places
The TF100 Kit - which is the best value you can get. Its basically the Taylor K2006 on steroids. This kit is only available online at 2 places.
www.tftestkits.net and www.poolsupplyworld.com

EIther of the two test kits will be the best investmet you can make for your swimming pool maintenance.

Anyways, again, welcome!