Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First time opening!

1. Back To Top    #1

First time opening!

We got a pool for the first time last year and we have been pool store free since then! We used the trouble free pool method and it has been flawless. We closed and opened ourselves as well. Took the cover off yesterday to a crystal clear pool. One question/ concern. The pressure guage doent move at all so I am getting a new one tomorrow. The water is coming out of the return as normal and it is skimming but it is not pulling the debris down into the basket like it did last year. Any ideas why it would just be rolling above the basket?
    16x32 Doughboy Saratoga to be installed May 2014 with deep end. 15k gallons. Hayward Powerline XP 1.5hp single speed pump and sand filter. Majestic steps. Patriot automatic cleaner. Just North of Atlanta, Half of pool gets sun all day and other half is shaded by the house almost all of the day. TF100 XL Test Kit with Speed Stir. Using TFPC method.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First time opening!

Is your water level higher than halfway up the skimmer face? Is the pump basket clean?
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

16x32 Doughboy Saratoga to be installed May 2014 with deep end. 15k gallons. Hayward Powerline XP 1.5hp single speed pump and sand filter. Majestic steps. Patriot automatic cleaner. Just North of Atlanta, Half of pool gets sun all day and other half is shaded by the house almost all of the day. TF100 XL Test Kit with Speed Stir. Using TFPC method.

4. Back To Top    #4

It is not quite half way, we are going to get a lot of rain the next couple of days. Should I add more? I have a skimmer sock in and it was clean. I took the sock out and same result.

5. Back To Top    #5

Actually, I meant the strainer basket directly in front of the pump. Don't add water------higher water will decrease the skimming action.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp View Post
    Actually, I meant the strainer basket directly in front of the pump. Don't add water------higher water will decrease the skimming action.
    Oh sorry. Yes that was clean as well.