Dead Hayward AQR - Anyone find a secret to improving longevity?

Flot

Nov 1, 2013
I had the standard "dead hayward aqr" problem described here: http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/17562-Aquarite-Not-generating-lights-not-on

Complete with visibly failed current limiter. Unit was only 18 months old.

I didn't have time to deal with it at the moment, so ordered a new board from Amazon, got it overnight, installed and all is well. When I called Hayward, they gave me the runaround about having to pay for a local technician to come to my house to inspect the unit and then they'd replace as needed etc.

Two questions:

1) Is Hayward going to replace my board if I just offer to mail them the bad one? (I've emailed them)

2) Did anyone ever discover a way to improve the longevity of the board? It looks like earlier models HAD a fan installed in the box - did they fare any better?

I bought spare limiters and can solder one in if I have to, but annoyed at the initial phone call I had with Hayward. I understand dealer network and all that, but for warranty support on a product I purchased new, I expect to be able to send it back to the manufacturer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.