Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dead Hayward AQR - Anyone find a secret to improving longevity?

1. Back To Top    #1

Dead Hayward AQR - Anyone find a secret to improving longevity?

I had the standard "dead hayward aqr" problem described here: http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-lights-not-on

Complete with visibly failed current limiter. Unit was only 18 months old.

I didn't have time to deal with it at the moment, so ordered a new board from Amazon, got it overnight, installed and all is well. When I called Hayward, they gave me the runaround about having to pay for a local technician to come to my house to inspect the unit and then they'd replace as needed etc.

Two questions:

1) Is Hayward going to replace my board if I just offer to mail them the bad one? (I've emailed them)

2) Did anyone ever discover a way to improve the longevity of the board? It looks like earlier models HAD a fan installed in the box - did they fare any better?

I bought spare limiters and can solder one in if I have to, but annoyed at the initial phone call I had with Hayward. I understand dealer network and all that, but for warranty support on a product I purchased new, I expect to be able to send it back to the manufacturer.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dead Hayward AQR - Anyone find a secret to improving longevity?

I don't know, but thank you for posting a new thread like this instead of bumping the old one.

That is appreciated by all the mods I assure you. Thank You!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem