columbia station / OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
I just got my fas/dpd test today. I added CYA on monday.
FC=1, CC=7.5, PH=7.4, TA=110, CH=90, CYA=30
Using the test from my K-2005 last weekend my cc=0 as it did all but once last year.
could the high cc reading be false or is it because I am using a more accurate test kit?
I plan to start SLAM this evening. The correct process given my levels is to raise fc to 12 and hold till I get a 0 cc reading correct?
I plan on using bleach to shock.

Having a CC that high can point toward an ammonia problem, although usually the CYA is all gone when that happens.

Add enough bleach to reach 12ppm, and retest the FC and CC in 30 minutes and report back.

You need to hold that FC level until you pass the 3 criteria to stop the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process.

- - - Updated - - -

Having the cover on can actually trap some of the CC so they are not burned off by the sun. I would pull the cover off during the day (you will get more heat to the pool) and put the cover on at night.

Having a solar cover on the pool can cause CC to accumulate even when nothing else is wrong. I'd remove the solar cover for at least until the CC level comes down to 0.5. Pools need to "breathe", and even more so when you have a CC problem.

I think my FC is 7 after 30 min.. Using my new. FAS/DPD. It was a very very faint pink till I added the last drop. I used 4 121oz jugs of 8.25 bleach. Going to the store now for more.
This is a ton of bleach

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I meant I never had one in the past or as of sunday. Added 2 more jugs of bleach around 1030pm. As of 1 am my fc is 10 and CC has not changed. I will update in the morning. When reading the FAS/DPD test should I be looking down in with a white paper under or through the side at a light. The pink is barely visible through the side but I can see a slight change if I look down against a white paper.

In the am I have 2ppm chl and my cc is up to 11. What do I do? Keep dumping chlorine in? The pin k in my test is very light not like in the video online which could mean I have close to zero chlorine.

Just checking the basics...

You got 4 drops on the initial test with the 871 Titrant? Then, after it was clear, and you added the R0003, it turned light pink again? After that, it took 21 drops to make it clear again?

I just left for work without adding anything to see what you guys had to say. The water is crystal clear, I vacuumed last night for good measure. I can check back in at lunch.water temp is 49.

way brighter than after I initially add the DPD. That is why i was asking if i was reading the test correctly. I haven't re-tested the CYA, but after reading all morning I am going to test FC, CC, and CYA, raise the pool raise the pool to shock level using the pool match calculator, re-test after 30 min, then it will have to wait again till I get off work.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.