My CC=0, FC will be over 12 tonight. Since I started this SLAM my pump pressure has slowly been going down. It was running a bit higher this year than last year and is now at 18 which I think is good. Could the pressure lowering be caused by algae getting cleaned out of the filter from the week of shock level chlorine?

My OVCLT loss was .5 and my CC=0 so I am going to call this SLAM done!! When the FC drops to normal I will recheck my PH, TA, and CYA. When I first opened the pool, cleaned the filters in the fall at closing, my starting pressure was 22 and I had to backwash after about 2 hours, then again the day following. There was a bit of stuff that settled on the bottom of the pool that was unsettled when i brushed and vacuumed. Last year my post backwash pressure was around 16 (12 after the pool was installed, but I never got it that low again). After the first two backwash's this year my pressure stabilized at 22. When i started the SLAM it dropped to 21 for a couple days and now has been holding at 20 for a couple days. The pump has been running 24/7 for 12 days. The water is crystal clear and doesn't look any different even after brushing because i have been doing it every day. I am not overly concerned about the pressure but want to ask the experts.

Thanks to everyone here who helped me get through my first pool opening!!!:wave:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.