Removing Large Ladder

Phylis

Apr 8, 2015
Greenville, NY
Hi,
Brand new to the site. I have had an above ground pool 18x40 for 7 years now. We just replaced the liner late last year and I purchased a used ladder that is much bigger than the normal step ladder. My question is it is much larger and very heavy to get into the pool never mind trying to get it out. Can it be left in over the winter. I live in NY and as you can imagine it gets very cold. The pool water freezes completely. I would obviously wrap the bottom but was wondering if I should? If not any suggestions on how to get it out without damaging the side of the pool. I do not have a deck as of yet so again very difficult for my husband and I alone. Obviously I will have to call in some recruits. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Phylis

Welcome to TFP!

Normally we suggest removing the ladders, as leaving them in could cause damage to the pool. Can you post a photo of the ladder so we can help figure out a way to simplify the process of removing/adding the ladder to the water?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.