I took my cover off a little over a week ago. I have, what looks like compared to some pics I've seen on here, a small amount of algae, but I don't know. It is green, brushes easily from the floor, but harder to brush from the walls (which might just be me). I've vacuumed already and added a bag and a half of salt, but thought I'd ask before I go any further in case I'm missing something. I've looked online to buy shock and I've seen "non-chlorine" and the regular chlorine shock. Questions:
1. Is there an advantage to buying non-chlorine shock? My liner is not even a year old yet so I definitely don't want to destroy anything.
2. What % of shock should I buy?
3. I don't mind ordering online or going to Lowes, Sam's, or Wal-Mart. Is there a preference of brands?
Thanks in advance for your assistance!