Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Best on-line option for buying equipment

1. Back To Top    #1

Best on-line option for buying equipment

Received my equipment quote from the person I hired to design my pool today and I'm looking for other options. She is selling me the equipment for 10% over wholesale, however, when comparing to prices on-line in some cases the equipment is less on-line. Now that said, if I buy through her I get a 3 yr warranty vs. 1 yr on the pump. In reading the fine print it looks like most of the other equipment comes with a 2 yr warranty. I can pay for the equipment with my American Express Card that extends the manufactures warranty up to 1 year so really I'm only missing out on 1 year on the pump, the rest of the equipment AMEX would take to 3 years.

So, any hidden gems on-line for buying pool equipment? Recommendations greatly appreciated. If it helps I'm looking for Jandy equipment.

Thanks in advance!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Best on-line option for buying equipment

Pool Supply World gets fairly good reviews and usually has very good prices.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I have bought several items from sunplay.com and have been happy with them.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

I have bought a few things from pool supply world. I see sunplay is usually pretty competitively priced also.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

I bought my pump, filter and swg from Pool Supply World. They had the best prices I could find.
    No problems at all.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

6. Back To Top    #6

A quick and easy way is to plug the part number into Google shopping and sort by total price, low to high. Obviously, you'll want to make sure the company is legit - but most of the big online pool supply companies (ones listed above, plus others like inyopoools, backyardpoolsupply, etc) will be the front runners. I've found that, depending on the item, no one company will always be the cheapest. If you want to save time I'm sure you can get it all from one. But if you don't mind multiple orders, you'll save some $ via Google shopping for each one separately!

Jandy variable speed pump example:
    https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...Q2SswAQ#online

Edit - are you sure you wouldn't apply for the extended warranty for purchasing online? Pentair was able to offer the max warranty (3 yrs) on the bundled items I purchased with the requirements being they were (1) purchased through an authorized vendor and (2) were installed by a licensed contractor. I do not know if Jandys is different, but you may still be eligible for the max warranty!
    IG gunite 32 x 18 on a bachelor budget! Click Here To See

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion View Post
    Pool Supply World gets fairly good reviews and usually has very good prices.
    two thumbs up for PSW.
    20k IG PebbleTec w/ STA-RITE PE5E-182L 1HP and Zodiac Polaris PB4 for Polaris 380 vacuum / Hayward ProGrid DE4820 Filter / TF-100 but I havent broken down and gotten a speed stir yet

8. Back To Top    #8

I purchased my 125k Pentair Heat pump from www.azwholesalepoolequipment.com

Great prices!

9. Back To Top    #9

Discount Salt Pool - bought my Circupool SWG from them
    Pool and Spa Supply - bought my Hayward cartridge filter from them
    Pool Supply World - bought my Jandy pump from them

I have had good experiences with all those sites.
    14k gal IG vinyl, Jandy Flopro 1 hp up-rated, 2 spd pump, Hayward 325 sq ft cartridge filter, Circupool Si-40 SWCG

10. Back To Top    #10

like most have said not one place has the best prices. A lot of the www stores also have eBay stores. I have bought stuff from there a few times. I will also sort it by location since shipping is faster. I always check around, I have no loyalty to any of them. An example. I just I bought a Hayward 3-way diverter valve, the local guys wanted 80 for it. I got it on an Amazon Warehouse Deal for 20 bucks, and free two day shipping. Thats like what, 75% off.
    ~Matt~ Radiant Metric 24'x52" 14k- built into a slope. CircuPool Si-30 SWCG. Jandy 200 SqFt cartridge filter. Pentair Optiflow 2-speed 1HP pump. Wanda the Whale. TF-100 Test Kit. Hard Plumbed.
    My Build w/ lots of pics

11. Back To Top    #11

I've had good experiences with poolcenter.com.
    20k IG vinyl liner/Aqua Rite SWCG, T-15 cell/Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter/Polaris 280 with booster pump/Hayward Superpump 1 hp/city water/pool installed March 2004

12. Back To Top    #12

In the Industry

Just an FYI, there is 0 manufacturer warranty if it's not installed by a licensed professional regardless of where purchased. I know this is fact with Zodiac(Jandy & Polaris) as I just went through this with a few of my customers.