Hello, after smooth sailings for at least a year by by using the TFP method, which for me means liquid chlorine from the pool store and occasional muriatic acid, I finally have another question.
The thing is that my daughter (2.5 years old) and I have been playing in the pool almost daily for about a month. The last few days, she seems to be having a rash on her body and very red eyes after swimming. The only thing that has changed is that I added three 8oz pucks last weekend, because I still have them to use on vacations and when the stabilizer is getting low, which was the reason this time, it was down to about 30, which is not enough for Florida summer.
Anyway, adding three pucks on Saturday, the Cl was 4.5. End of today it's 7, not exactly a level where I'd expect irritation, right? But two things make me wonder. 1) My wive said that I reeked of chlorine today, and I never normally do. 2) I measured just .5 of CC today, which had been literally 0 for months. I don't smell Chlorine in the water, nor does my wife. One more observation: when the pump kicks on in the morning, there is an insanely strong chlorine smell coming from the jets, but I just thought that's normal because that's all the water that's been marinating w/ the pucks all night.
Sorry for long text. Is there anything here that could explain the smell and my daughter's rash and irritation? Here are the complete numbers:
CYA 30 (BEFORE adding the tabs, probably a little higher now)