Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maytronics Parts

1. Back To Top    #1

Maytronics Parts

There have been a few questions lately regarding parts for the Maytronics Dolphin Robots, including a recent one directing folks to an e-Bay seller who had filter cartridges for $49.

I decided I needed not only new cartridges, but two additional complete filter assemblies so I could just swap them out.

I tracked down the e-Bay seller and here is their information. The maintain full exploded diagrams (example of the M5 for the Maytronics units on their site and keep most parts in stock.

Marina Pool, Spa & Patio

They are based in Colorado and when I called they were friendly and quick to help!
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Maytronics Parts

Interesting ... might have to take a look and see if I can figure out why my 2 robots stopped working. Although I am guessing it is something in the "motor" assembly and thus likely close to $400.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Is that the same link I sent you in PM Tim?

If so, I was shocked when I saw the cart filters for $49.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    Interesting ... might have to take a look and see if I can figure out why my 2 robots stopped working. Although I am guessing it is something in the "motor" assembly and thus likely close to $400.
    Their web site says they support you fixing things yourself or you can ship to them. I'm a hands on type of guy.... But, then again mine isn't really broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_B View Post
    Is that the same link I sent you in PM Tim?

If so, I was shocked when I saw the cart filters for $49.
    Yes, why yes it is.....
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

5. Back To Top    #5

Fantastic to hear.

I ordered my filters from the eBay store and they are fine. BNIB OEM parts and packaging. $49 made me extremely happy, and looking at the eBay store, they seemed to be a good outfit.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

6. Back To Top    #6

Fantastic to hear.

I ordered my filters from the eBay store and they are fine. BNIB OEM parts and packaging. $49 made me extremely happy, and looking at the eBay store, they seemed to be a good outfit.
    If all the parts had been listed on e-Bay I would have also, but I wanted the screen filters, frames and the cloth back-flow valves. The frames were on e-Bay ($4.99) but not the other parts.

She told me it would be shipped out today - can't beat that for service....

7. Back To Top    #7

Well, less than two hours after I talked to them I have an e-mail with my invoice and a tracking number. Can't beat that for service.

8. Back To Top    #8

I've thought about that very thing for easy swaps. What did the frames set you back? Send a pm if you'd rather.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

9. Back To Top    #9

About $22 for two complete frames

10. Back To Top    #10

That's dirt cheap. I am very surprised, thanks man!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

11. Back To Top    #11

That's dirt cheap. I am very surprised, thanks man!
    I agree. With all the pollen and cr*p falling out of the pine trees I'm running it most of the day. I'm guessing it will be easier to just swap filters and keep it running.

12. Back To Top    #12

I would have guessed 22 each as a good starting number to be honest. I think it's a great idea, and I'll be doing that too before long. Hopefully, I won't be needing parts soon, but I know where I'll be looking when I do. Sorry if I missed it Tim, but how long have you been running your M5? Visually, it looks like the tracks will be the first thing to go.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

13. Back To Top    #13

I would have guessed 22 each as a good starting number to be honest. I think it's a great idea, and I'll be doing that too before long. Hopefully, I won't be needing parts soon, but I know where I'll be looking when I do. Sorry if I missed it Tim, but how long have you been running your M5? Visually, it looks like the tracks will be the first thing to go.
    I had to look in Quicken to be sure, but last week was one year.

14. Back To Top    #14

OK, we are on the same track then. it will be interesting (to me) comparing notes. I keep hearing three years as the high water mark for reliability.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

15. Back To Top    #15

I got the parts for the new filter cartridges for my M5 last Friday (quick shipping), but when I went to assemble them I noticed the rotating latches on the tops of th eframes were not included. A quick call back confirmed that I missed them in the exploded diagram. Four went out in an envelope Friday and I had them Wednesday.

The filters are assembled and its fabulous being able to just swap out filters. With pollen season in full swing the M5 is getting a work out.

16. Back To Top    #16

Quit posting about this Tim...

You're forcing me to get a spare set!!

Kidding aside, my cleaner came with 4? Or more spares. Did you throw yours out with the box??
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

17. Back To Top    #17

Mine came with 2 frames and 8 filters (4 mesh spring and 4 normal filters). I bought 2 more frames and 4 additional mesh spring filters.

18. Back To Top    #18

Mine too....Sorry, I meant the extra clips. I think I got four. Will have to look now
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

19. Back To Top    #19

Clips? My M5 came with 4

I'm a believer in "spares". I also have 4 skimmer baskets so I can just swap out the two dirty ones with two clean ones.....

My wife has a word for me that matches part of the anatomy

20. Back To Top    #20

Yea, mine came with at least four spare snappy clips for holding the filters in place.

I like your line of thinking, but you keep costing me more money. Now I have to get spare skimmer baskets too.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast