Heat Snorkel?

Apr 5, 2015
Pennsylvania
Family member mentioned I should invest in one of these, claims it makes the pool so much warmer, I want to mention that he does not have a heater on his pool, I dont see how it could possibly make the pool warmer? What about the rest of you all, tried it ? Worth it ?

Well, I for one have no idea what you are talking about :D

- - - Updated - - -

OK a quick google and I found the gimmick ... which is what it is. All it does is return the water toward the bottom. The theory being that it would better mix the water (if the top felt warmer than the bottom). There really should not be much of a temperature gradient if you have decent circulation.

This does not add heat, just tries to mix the water better.

http://heatsnorkel.com/?page_id=32

Since heat rises, I suppose there is a modicum of truth in the claims. Yes, injecting the warm water at the bottom so that it heats the upper layers as it rises is more efficient than heating the top and losing a lot of the heat off the surface. But it seems to me that anyone who is slightly handy could build something similar with some PVC pipe a whole lot cheaper.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.