Pump Not Turning On At All

Jul 13, 2012
I just know that the pump will not come on at all. I noticed after taking off the metal panel that there were a bunch of dead frogs around and behind the timer box. I turned off the main breaker to the home and stuck my screw driver behind there to try and wiggle out another frog and saw sparks, then realized that there was an exterior breaker for the pool, Doh!

So what are the next steps? Do I need to disconnect/reconnect wires to bypass the timer, googling says that is the most common problem. Get a voltage meter and test breakers?

timer.jpg
timer 2.jpg
bottom.jpg

Thanks

Yes, red-red, black-black.

However, a better way to trace what is happening would be to turn things back on and measure the voltage at various points to see if power is getting all the way to the pump.

Sounds like the contacts aren't making. I'd power everything off and pull the timer apart and see if something is wedged in there holding them open. It may wind up being an easy (and cheap) fix. If not you can always order a new mechanism to fit right in place.

Sounds like the contacts aren't making. I'd power everything off and pull the timer apart and see if something is wedged in there holding them open. It may wind up being an easy (and cheap) fix. If not you can always order a new mechanism to fit right in place.

Like some smoked frog legs? :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.