Adding more times to ProLogic 8 relay Aux, possible?

Nov 19, 2014
Austin, TX
In our first season with our new pool one annoying feature I've found with the ProLogic system our pool builder installed is the fact that the Aux circuits only have a single timer setting each day (will turn on/off only on cycle in a day). Why it works this way I have no idea... how much memory could it possibly take to provide support for multiple timers for any Aux?

Anyway, my question is if anyone out there knows a way to set-up multiple timers for a single aux, either systemically or by hacking the blasted thing to give it support for multiple timer cycles? Specifically I'm trying to make it so that the cleaner will come on from 8-10am AND 3-5pm.

To pre-empt one possible response, I know I can set-up another Aux to have a different "interval" for the cleaner. However, I've already maxed out the 8 I have with settings for deck lights, spa light, pool light, all lights, spa blower, cleaner, etc., and I'd rather avoid having two different "Cleaner" entries in my control system (seems idiotically redundant).

Thoughts? Is there a programmer out there who likes hacking pool hardware and owns a pool?

Thanks,
Rick

The two ways to do what you want are to use an additional aux relay or add an external timer.

I've never heard of anyone successfully reverse engineering the firmware. Doing so would be a huge project, as Hayward has not released any information that could be used to help one get started.

I have seen people connect computers programmed so that ProLogic sees them as remote controls. Such a connected computer can then be used to send commands to ProLogic, which are taken by ProLogic as a user interacting with the system. To get such a system to do what you want would require a computer (of some kind) that is always on and always connected to the ProLogic system. Given the tiny inexpensive computers these days that isn't out of the question, but it would take quite a bit of fiddling, to the point where adding an external timer would be far simpler.

Sorry to dredge up such an old thread, but how does one "connect" a computer to the pro logic? This is a very interesting concept to me as I would love to be able to do more automation with mine.

Sorry to dredge up such an old thread, but how does one "connect" a computer to the pro logic? This is a very interesting concept to me as I would love to be able to do more automation with mine.

I do this with Autelis and a plugin for Vera. AFAIK, there isn't a plugin for Hayward, yet but if you're using Vera you can post for it over on their forum and maybe someone will help you out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.