What Is Everyone using To Measure Chlorine?

We have Dollar General stores on almost every corner here in the south. They sell a plastic, semi-clear, 4 cup, measuring cup for $1.00 each. I bought a few for use at the pool. These have easy to read measurements, won't break and are cheap!

I use a Rubbermaid style 2 quart pitcher. It has marks for quarts, liters, and half marks as well. I took a Sharpie and made marks for individual cups (up to 8) as well for when I need to add acid.

I tend to add about 1 quart of 10.5% per day. I've been adding a bit more due to all the rain we've been having.

Kevin T

Pcool: Do you stand and pour with that spout?

My method: I check the wind and choose the deep-end jet where I will be upwind. For a new bottle, I use a knife to carefully open the inner seal and then rinse the knife right away. I kneel and submerse the bottle almost to the opening. I make sure I'm wearing glasses and then hold my breath. I tilt the bottle slightly and pour. There is only an inch or two of "stream" that way. No splash and fumes are minimal. I used to wear gloves too, but I've gotten the technique down.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pcool: Do you stand and pour with that spout?

My method: I check the wind and choose the deep-end jet where I will be upwind. For a new bottle, I use a knife to carefully open the inner seal and then rinse the knife right away. I kneel and submerse the bottle almost to the opening. I make sure I'm wearing glasses and then hold my breath. I tilt the bottle slightly and pour. There is only an inch or two of "stream" that way. No splash and fumes are minimal. I used to wear gloves too, but I've gotten the technique down.

I am walking as I pour but bent over so that the spout is as close to the water as possible. If it is really windy, I wait until the wind dies down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.