Mandeville,La
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Yesterday was first time heating up the big pool for swimming for a party. The water was at 75 so i set the Easytouch at 83 and gave the heater four or five hours to heat the pool. The Easytouch would not kick on the heater until i went to the manual heat mode. So after six hours the heater is still going and i can see steam coming from the water in the main pool. Being that the air temp is about 76 and people swimming saying water was still cool,i wasn't suprised. Then i get in a little later and man is this water is quite warm. Get out to check and the Easytouch is reporting water is at 81. Check the heater's read out and it's reading 87. What gives? Where is the Easytouch getting it's temps from? Does the heater and control box communicate at all(same brand)? Did i mess things up by going to manual heat?
After the party was over and everybody left, the rain came in and the temp dropped to 68. The four of us went swimming in a 87 degree pool with the cold rain falling. We all enjoyed it but that wasn't my plan to heat the main pool's water up that much.

The Easytouch has a temp sensor. It should be visible somewhere around your equip pad/panel, but that's irrelevant right now. I'll put up a pic later if you don't find it.

You need to calibrate the Easytouch to what the heater temp is showing. It's really that simple, and it will fix the issue. I had the same thing with mine on startup. Usually my Easytouch is about 2-3 degrees off from my heater. It will drift off about that far after about one month, so check it once in a while.

On your panel or remote:

From your main menu button, find settings, select, and scroll to calibration. Select calibration, and you'll have the option to adjust air and water temps. Change the water temp to what the heater says it is. Do this after its circulated five minutes or so.

Cool beans, Thanks Patrick. Thought it might be an easy fix to this. I have read the manual a few times but still not sure how everything works on the Easytouch panel.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.