Hayward Aquarite SWG has no LED lights on

Apr 6, 2015
St. Cloud, FL
I have a Hayward Aquarite SWG that has no led lights on. When I first turn the control box on the no flow light flashes, it goes out then the power and generating lights come on, then all leds turn off. This unit is about 4 years old. I removed the board thinking i would see burnt areas on the back which may indicate which component on the board may be in need of replacement as I have read on other posts but nothing is burnt. My limiter has no cracks. Puzzled.

If you are sure that your inductor is not blown up (mine was cracked to pieces, not visibly burned in any way, it was less than two years old) there is also a 20 Amp (I think) automotive type mini fuse that may have blown. It is probably yellow, located somewhere on the main controller board. Of course, if you find it blown, then the question would be why? But my money is on the controller board being bad, the new ones they are shipping have fixed that problem. That would be unfortunate though being out of warranty, as they cost a small fortune. You may be bettor off spending the extra two hundred bucks and getting a brand new unit with new cell and spare flow switch.

Another thing you could try is to call Haward Technical Support, I think the number is on your unit, and it might be 1-800-HAYWARD. I have gotten some good phone support from them in the past, helped confirm my controller board problem before I opened it up and saw the carnage.

Oh yes, I forgot, as garrisonsmama mentioned, whereas a new controller board from an authorized Hayward distributor will run about $500, a limiter can be purchased online for a few bucks ($5?) and anyone who can use a soldering iron correctly can repair the board in just a few minutes!

Mine was still under factory warranty, but Hayward only operates through distributors. The local distributor let me purchase a new board while they took a few days to verify warranty with Hayward, plan being to refund me when Hayward reimbursed them. Then the crooks only refunded me $436, of the $511 I had fronted them. They said that Hayward made them charge the $75 fee, which is a lie!

So I paid $75 for a $5 repair, but I didn't burn myself on a soldering iron!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.