Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacing Skimmer

1. Back To Top    #1

Replacing Skimmer

Hello All,
    I haven't been on here in a while, but I sure could use your help again. I need to replace my skimmer, and the original pool installer has no idea or records of what was installed. So instead of looking at replacement parts, I am just going to replace it. Can someone give me a recommendation of what brand or model would be sufficient. I have a 24' x 52" Sharkline ABG. I also have a 1hp Hayward 2 speed pump with a Hayward 300b sand filter, which were recommended by this forum and have worked great! My current skimmer measurements follow.
    * Outside - Basket side: 13 5/8 L x 7.5 H
    * Inside - Pool Side: 14 3/4 L X 8.5 H

24' / 52" sharkline AG with Hayward 24" Sand Filter, Hayward Matrix 1 HP / 2 speed pump, and Hayward Aquatrol SWG.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Replacing Skimmer

Try adding a picture of your current skimmer: How To Post Pictures tutorial.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Antelope, CA

This one is a popular replacement. It is cheaper than the parts in many cases.

Hayward SP1091WM Dyna-Skim Above-Ground Pool Skimmer Kit Hayward

-- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4
    SW PA

You can not use a Hayward skimmer box on a Sharkline pool. Call poolsupplyworld n order the skimmer through them. Its a Waterway skimmer box.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Hopefully these photos are sufficient. If not, I will take some more this evening. The photo may not show this clearly, but inside the skimmer, there is a notch which helps to secure the basket. The basket and vacuum attachment both share this notch as well. The notch is what is giving me trouble when attempting to use a generic basket or vacuum attachment, since both of mine are no longer usable. The flap that allows water in and out, but helps keep the debris in is also broke (I'm certain there is a name for this flap, but I can't think of it right now). Again, I really appreciate your help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    24' / 52" sharkline AG with Hayward 24" Sand Filter, Hayward Matrix 1 HP / 2 speed pump, and Hayward Aquatrol SWG.