Southern OK
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool SJ-40
The only place I have to install (back yard) has all the leach lines running across, exactly where I am installing.. What are the issues with installing above the leach lines?

Is there a correct way to do this? No way around it?

:confused::confused:

Thanks

Hmmm ... seems like a bad idea to me, but I am not sure.

I mean I think they do not recommend driving over the leach lines due to weight, and a pool weighs a LOT more than a car.

hmmmm, I have drove my 8000 pound truck and my 7000 pound boat over them :)

Well this really sucks, thats the reason we went with above ground... Not 1 intsaller ( out of 5 ) has said anything about not doing it and I have told all of them about it...

So, the pool will be over 2 of the 8 leach lines.. if it does crush them, I am thinking that is the issue, the flow would move down the line to the next lines...

I have already bought the pool and we are just waiting to have it installed, Is there anything I can do?

Gotta love google search

septic site:www.troublefreepool.com

so this really sucks... going to have to talk to the city and find out whats up.. My city is very very small, I am not even sure they will know anything about this... We will see...

I believe I would install directly over them. Sure a pool weighs a lot but the surface area in contact with the ground spreads that weight far more than a car tire or truck tire.

I am assuming those lines are at least 8-12" underground......if so, I can't think of a real reason not to put the pool right where you want it.

You know, I was doing the math and the PSF of the pool was a lot lower than I expected.
Truck could be up around 12,000 PSF per tire, while the pool was down around 250 PSF although it is a constant load and not a short duration.

So, i contacted the Oklahoma health department (they do the sewer permits and reg's) and there is not any regulations "per say" for above ground pools but There is a reg for everything from pipe, power, in-ground pool (20 feet from septic), you name it.... The recommendation from them was no closer than 5 feet... I called the company that installed it and they said 5 feet also...

It would cost 5500 dollars to install a new aerobic system and who knows how much to dig up the old system.. I talked to my installer and someone just paid 2000 dollars to move 2 leach lines so they could install the pool where they wanted... so, about 8 to 10 grand just to put an above ground pool directly behind my house, I don't think so, that is twice the amount I am paying for everything including the install... and if I were going to spend that much it would be on an in-ground pool...

So, I called the company I bought the pool from and traded the 27 foot round for an 18 X 33 oval that I can put north of the septic by 5 foot and south of the fence by 5 foot.... I will have to run 60 feet of power but at least we will be able to have a pool... it is the area left of the storm shelter just north of the house.. We do have a city inspector and he came over and looked and measured the new area and we are good to go.. I just have to get the pool installer info to them and get the permit... :)

Screenshot 2015-04-06 20.51.50 (2).jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nice, good that it worked out. I do not understand why builders put septic fields in the "backyard", usually where the pool should be. We have 5 acres and had to move the pool over quite a bit to keep it out of the septic field.

Thanks for everyone's help...

I know, they used almost the whole back yard, no tree's, pool's, just suppose to look at the grass grow I guess...

LOL, you would think, it does leave nice green lines in my lawn... :) and the june bug grubs just love my back yard... must have killed a thousand of them in the last 3 days...

OHHH MY... NOO! Don't do this! I have seen the construction of leech beds and there are alot of different layers, sand, stone, dirt etc. I'm thinking this would not be ideal surface to place a pool on.

Please read the thread before you comment. He traded his pool for an oval and is avoiding the leach lines.

Good luck with your build and do post pics of your install! We enjoy seeing them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.