Need Advice, New Pump and Filter

Jun 14, 2014
Concord
So I opened my pool and after a week of running the pump while SLAMing the pool the pump seized up. I got good service from the Intex pump and sand filter. I first thought of just replacing the pump but upon inspection I found that the housing that secures the pressure gauge on the sand filter is cracked. With that said I decided to completely replace the pump and filter.

I have been reading a lot online about different pumps and filters and have been leaning heavily towards a hayward pump and filter, but, while shopping on Amazon I came across a Best Choice Products SKY1639 Pro Above Ground Swimming Pool Pump System, 19", 4500 GPH. Seems like a decent price for a 1hp pump and it would certainly meet my needs. The reviews seem positive but I have never heard of this company. Has anyone ever used this system and if so what are your thoughts on it. Does anyone else have a recommendation for a pump and filter that would suit my needs for less than $350. Thanks

CW

Thanks for the reply JL, don't think a 2 speed pump is in my future, after some more research on the linked pump and filter it seems that it was made by Hayward for that company. I am not 100% confident, but I may be willing to take a chance on it. I have read reviews that claim 4 years as a life cycle for the pump. That seems reasonable for the price.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.