Pool light experience? I need to replace mine and am interested in the multi color LE

kriv

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2009
We are remodeling the pool and I want to change out the pool light. I was wondering about the TFP community's experience with the multi color LEDs. I would really like a smart one to control with my phone, but haven't found one yet.

Any recommendations? Horror stories? Love stories?

Thanks,
Kirk

Realize that the multi-colored LEDS are not nearly as bright as the white halogen lights. And the red colors do not travel very far in water.

I am not aware of any light that can be controlled by a phone with the need for one of the top end automation systems.

Mine is just a bulb I screwed into the existing housing that is controlled by toggling the light switch ... I suppose there are some home automation systems that could be used to toggle the power to the light to control it from your phone. But, I have never looked into it as I do not see the value.

I have a Hayward ColorLogic 4.0 LED light and am really happy with it. We didn't get the light control module, which allowed custom programming, but through power cycling, you can control the colors and patterns. I wish I got a second light, but honestly, the single light in my 24x40 inground is still pretty darn good. Very happy with it. The wife loves the purple/magenta color at night. It does look very cool!

I bought the ameribrite color LED for my pool when I replaced the liner. It is pricey but works great. I also change the mode by flipping the switch on and off until correct sequence is obtained. I believe in order to be able to control that with a phone, you would have to buy pentair automation, like intellitouch or easytouch, as well as a wireless controller, and their smart app package (don't remember the name) - It would be pricey....probably$1500 at a minimum. The ameribrite bulb to replace the standard bulb is like $175 I think??

- - - Updated - - -

oh and I would also agree that the red/magenta light is very dim. The other colors I think are plenty bright.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.