Which to choose: SL2 or the Autelis

Mario P

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 9, 2014
Rio Rancho, NM
I'm in the process of ordering either the IntelliTouch or EasyTouch controller.
If I go with IntelliTouch, there is obviously no display, and I will need SL2 or the Autelis.
Autelis appears to be little less expensive, and if I'm reading things correctly, it's more functional.
I do NOT have any Apple devices in the house; it's all Android phones/tablets. It appears that SL2 now supports Android platform.

Can I get away with doing all my initial setup and programming with Autelis or will I need SL2 for anything?
I do not have or plan on having any Pentair remotes/displays so I need something to do my programming.

Lastly, besides the number of zones, if I understand it correctly, the EasyTouch's only limitation is inability of creating macros. Can Autelis mitigate that limitation?

While there is a price difference of about $90 ($359 http://www.sunplay.com/pentair-screenlogic-interface-kit-520500 vs. $270 http://www.autelis.com/pool-control-for-pentair-intellitouch-easytouch.html) I do NOT want to sacrifice performance for that relatively small price delta.

Re: I will need SL2 or the Autelis

If there are any limitations in either ScreenLogic or Autelis, you can do everything you might need to do via the main panel, which comes with the basic unit. There is no requirement for any kind of remote.

Both ScreenLogic and Autelis are quirky, each in their own way. To my mind, you are sacrificing something either way, it is more a matter of what it important to you.

Jason, thanks for the quick replay. What quirks are there in either platform?
From the other thread that I've read, the only limitation that I recall was availability of the Autelis, which at this moment shows in stock on their website. That and something about Autelis dropping wireless option, which will not affect me as I have Cat5 ran to that location.

The Autelis has an exceedingly utilitarian look, not something most people would be interested in. ScreenLogic requires you to think the way Pentair thinks, which seems to be counter intuitive for many people, but it looks far far better.

If I go with Autelis, can I program all my Pentair equipment from it?
I have to go with Intellitouch due to the 4 or 5 valves that we'll have. Intellitouch obviously doesn't have any display on the unit.

Based on TechSupport email from Autelis: "Yes you can do all programming/setup for intellitouch using the web interface on our device".

I placed my order today.

Based on TechSupport email from Autelis: "Yes you can do all programming/setup for intellitouch using the web interface on our device".

I placed my order today.

Any updates?

I am in the exact same situation deciding between the Screen Logic vs the Autelis.

I'm leaning towards screen logic due to its recent Alexa skill which will let you control some functions via voice control. Does Autelis have such a thing? I will be using it via Homeseer and It may be possible to have Alexa control some things.

Anyone have any idea?

I'm getting the
Easytouch 8sc-IC40 (520545) and was told to get the Screen Logic bundle (522104)

I'm also buying a new Pentair Variable speed pump.

If I get the Autelis, I do not need the screen logic bundle, correct? It will connect directly to the easytouch?

One thing concerns me about the Autelis is that it seems very outdated, the website still says "
© 2011 Autelis, LLC​
" LOL! Are they a real company?

Any Advice is appreciated!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.