Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Green Pool Passes OCLT

1. Back To Top    #1

Green Pool Passes OCLT

Our pool was just uncovered last week and I've been slamming since then. It is still quite green, but passed the OCLT. I know I'm not done. Just wanted to be sure this was ok. I can't test for CC right now as my dog chewed up that bottle.
    Sand filter
    Salt Generator
    25000 gallon IG Vinyl

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Green Pool Passes OCLT

Algae normally turns gray when it is dead, but some of the less common kinds of algae remain green even when they are dead. So there is nothing really surprising here.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Ok thanks. No surprises is what I was hoping for. It's definitely less green, moving to turquoise. And I can now see the slope towards deep end. I see progress, just a little thrown when we held slam FC overnight.
    Sand filter
    Salt Generator
    25000 gallon IG Vinyl

4. Back To Top    #4

I just got through an algae bloom, added 2 bags of powder power plus gradually to maintain a FC level of 22 with my 50 CYA. Pool was better after 12 hours but it was ultra cloudy and murky gray. just run the filter 24 hours for a day or two and it ought to clear it right up