We're counting down the days to open the pool. It'll be our 1st season with the pool. I've actually shocked the pool a few months ago to clear the swap, now that every filter element has been replaced, the pool filtration is all new from the pump down to the pressure gauge.
Over the last couple months, I'm learning about pool chemistry and what not, something is telling me I don't have it all dial in yet cause I walked into some algae growth yesterday, measured my FC and it was down to 1, CYA seems to have spiked but perhaps I was in a hurry so I didn't get an accurate test. Long story short, scrubbed the algae, dumped a gallon of 10% chlorine in and been away since. I'm going to have some time to do some thorough testing tomorrow.
That said, should I shock the pool again a few days before allowing the kids to jump in?
Also, I plan on keeping the pool temperature @ around 90 to 95 degrees all season long. Would this also change how I need to manage my water chemistry?