Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Weir Door problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Weir Door problem

Hi
    My Weir Door looks like the one in these photos. The plastic pins that hold on the door on are part of the skimmer housing. I can't believe someone came up with the idea of attaching the weir to the skimmer in this fashion. Of course one of the pins broke off and I have a partially attached weir door. Is there something I can do instead of replacing an entire skimmer housing unit for one little piece of plastic?
    Thanks

Joe
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Indoor Endless Pool (IG). Aug 2012, 5200 Gal. Vinyl, Pleatco PWW10-M filters, Gecko controller, Laing pump, TFT 100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Weir Door problem

Try the search box for weir repair. I know there are a couple threads about it.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Are you sure you can not remove a portion of the skimmer that has the pins on it? My previous pool did where a small strip was screwed in that had the pins.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

at my old house, I bought a weir with spring loaded pins, worked fine for 11 years until we sold the house, I"m sure its still working now too.
    8000 gal diamond brite pool with 650 gal spillover spa, Pentair 3hp VS pump. Jandy Cartridge filter and Jandy Heat Pump. Jandy PDA automation system with 2 Pentair Laminars. SmartPool NC74S Robotic Pool Cleaner.

5. Back To Top    #5

Mine has that same configuration. I've never tried to see if those pins will come out. I think they will and I'd give it a try and see. If not then I'd probably try and drill them out and get a weir with spring loaded pins as mentioned above.

By the way, It's a WaterWay skimmer.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks for the suggestions. Attached are some photos showing the entire assembly. Does anyone have this type of skimmer assembly? I notified the company and they say that the pins are not replaceable. So I have to either replace the entire skimmer head labeled "A" or try drilling holes into the skimmer assembly find a weir the same size as the one I have now which has spring loaded pins built into the weir as suggested above. The weir I have now is a WaterWay (thanks Bama) Waterway 519-4050. Does anyone know how I would fine a similar weir? any Companies? Thanks
    Joe

screenshot_142.jpg
    screenshot_139.jpg
    Indoor Endless Pool (IG). Aug 2012, 5200 Gal. Vinyl, Pleatco PWW10-M filters, Gecko controller, Laing pump, TFT 100

7. Back To Top    #7

Problem solved.

4096-22A.jpg

They actually pop out and can be replaced.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Joe

8. Back To Top    #8

Doesn't that just annoy you that the company did not realize that about their own product

Congrats
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

9. Back To Top    #9

Yep, it's like going into Lowes, Bestbuy, etc and knowing more than the sales person.

10. Back To Top    #10

oops, did not mean to offend someone who works at those places, sorry

11. Back To Top    #11

Did you find a place that sells them online? I need the exact same thing!