Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hi
My Weir Door looks like the one in these photos. The plastic pins that hold on the door on are part of the skimmer housing. I can't believe someone came up with the idea of attaching the weir to the skimmer in this fashion. Of course one of the pins broke off and I have a partially attached weir door. Is there something I can do instead of replacing an entire skimmer housing unit for one little piece of plastic?
Thanks

Joe

Attachments

• wier2.jpeg
    wier2.jpeg
    55.8 KB · Views: 153
  • mustard algae small0.jpg
    mustard algae small0.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 147
Mine has that same configuration. I've never tried to see if those pins will come out. I think they will and I'd give it a try and see. If not then I'd probably try and drill them out and get a weir with spring loaded pins as mentioned above.

By the way, It's a WaterWay skimmer.

Thanks for the suggestions. Attached are some photos showing the entire assembly. Does anyone have this type of skimmer assembly? I notified the company and they say that the pins are not replaceable. So I have to either replace the entire skimmer head labeled "A" or try drilling holes into the skimmer assembly find a weir the same size as the one I have now which has spring loaded pins built into the weir as suggested above. The weir I have now is a WaterWay (thanks Bama) Waterway 519-4050. Does anyone know how I would fine a similar weir? any Companies? Thanks
Joe

screenshot_142.jpg
screenshot_139.jpg

Problem solved.

4096-22A.jpg

They actually pop out and can be replaced.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Joe

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.