Heater Dilemma - for Salt Water Chlorine Generator AG Pool...

Apr 4, 2015
Western, WA
Hello from Western Washington! I have been lurking since last year. We've enjoyed two summers with an Intex EZ set 12'x30" pool and this year I want to move up to an Intex Ultra 18' x 48" pool. I really like the idea of using a salt water chlorine generator, but I'm also wanting to make the pool warmer than what we've experienced in the last two years.

I was just about committed to getting a Natural Gas fired heater for the new pool but then realized that most are not compatible with the salinity in a pool using SWCG for chlorine management. So what to do? Am I facing a salt vs. heater situation? Or are there heaters (not at 3 times the price) that have the necessary metallurgy in the heat exchanger to handle the low salt ppm of the salt water pool?

I could try solar heaters, but I'm not sure they'll give me the boost I'm looking for.

Thoughts, advice, experience with this situation? I'm all ears.

Thank you,

Jason (near) Seattle

Welcome to TFP!

All pool heaters are compatible with the salt levels required for a SWG. No worries. If you are concerned, you can upgrade to the cupro-nickle heat exchangers, but it is not necessary.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.