I'm planning on installing my Intex Easy Set pool this summer for our little daughter ! she will be almost 1 year old and I want to make her a surprise pool this summer. (it will be in 2-3 months).
I will of course be all the time with her in the pool and I will buy all the safety equipment that is available !
I'm here to ask you guys about a few things that should help me in maintaining the water in the pool and setting up the pool:
1. Do you think I need to clean it with some chemicals (chlorine or detergent) before I set it up ? The pool was used once before (last summer) and didn't cleaned it properly and just stored it in the attic. (the pool was clean at least visually and I was pouring quite a lot of chlorine each week).
2. What values are recommended for pH and free chlorine (in PPM) ? 7-8 PPM for pH and 1-3 PPM for free chlorine ? are these values safe for 1 year old kids ???
3. Can I use floculant (or algicid) if a small child uses the pool ?
4. if I keep pH and free chlorine levels in the safe spot what other things should I look for ?
5. Will insulating the bottom of the pool with 10cm thick Polystyrene (the extruded one) will help at not loosing heat from water to the ground ?
I mention that filters and heater will be turned OFF while our little daughter will be in the pool and disconnected from the power source !
I just want to make sure that my surprise will be a pleasant one without any problems !
Thanks in advance !