Considering a Marbleltite surface - anyone have experience with it?

Welcome to TFP. I moved your post from its original location (http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/89288-Resurfacing-Splotchy-at-3-Weeks). Please start a new thread whenever you have a question or new topic as opposed to posting your question on someone else's thread. Plus, posting your question in a new thread is more likely to get responses and gives your question the attention it deserves. --BoDarville, TFP Moderator

I had my pool finished in July last year. It was plastered using the same product (Marbleltite) and I have to say mine looks worse than your. And now discovered a crack in the plaster towards the bottom of the pool. Not sure if it's the product or the crew but I've been extremely disappointed and unhappy with how it turned out. Not trying to scare you or take away hope that it would look better, but in my experience it didn't. Now let's see how good the warranty dept is.

Hello Northrider23: I am starting the construction of a new pool and the PB recommended Marbletite. Should I look for an alternative or do you think the application is the issue?

Hi CubanMike

In my opinion the problems are mostly in the hands of the plaster crew and start up procedure used. However I've seen a few really bad looking jobs from different crews using Marbletite. This is my first pool and build so my experience and knowledge is limited but if I was to do it all over again I would NOT use Marbletite.

Thanks Northrider23. I was more concern about the warranty and I was told that the Marbletite warranty is better than the competition as I am not required to keep a pH weekly log of the water.
I saw you had some issues with the height of the jets. How high from the bench did you end up setting them up?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.