Sterner Pump

mkohr

Mar 18, 2015
Lebanon, PA
I ordered the liquidator and am no considering going to the sterner pump instead. My questions are...
What size pump?
What model?
High pressure or low pressure one? I am thinking of injecting it where my nature drain plug is.
where to buy?

I would say high pressure. The size/model will depend on how much chlorine you need to inject during your pump run time.

Check out my Stenner install and you will,find how I did the math for my pool to determine what size/run time.

USWatersystems seems to have the best prices and they ship quickly

Your other choice will be 110v or 220v. You will decide this based on how you will turn the Stenner off/on. Make sure what ever means you use that the Stenner can't run with out the circulation pump running or it will sit and fill the pipe at the injection point with chlorine.

If you're planning on using a fixed speed pump, you'll need to also get a timer to operate it. For a 25,000 gallon pool you'll need about a 5 or 10 gpd injection pump. I'd recommend the 10 gpd for extra capacity.

This is the exact pump that I ordered from US Water Systems-

Stenner 45MPHP22 Single Head Fixed Output High Pressure Pump
1/4" UV Black Tubing
120V 60Hz
30 Gallon UV Gray (Includes Rain Roof)

I use this outdoor timer that I bought from Amazon to run it. I used the injection point from the tablet feeder that I replaced.

I purchased the low pressure unit -- 45MP1 -- and I'm very happy with it. As long as you're injecting after the filter I think high pressure would be overkill. Run time for me is 3 hours per day currently. I set mine to run off one of the AUX relays in my automation system.

One thing to be aware of that caught me off guard: The stenner pumps come with everything you need to get going -- including the tubing and "injector nozzle". Very easy to setup.

I just finished installing a Stenner pump a few weeks ago and have been very happy with it. I had many of the same questions you did. You can check out my build, where I got good advise.

I ended up purchasing this pump from usawatersystems based on the recommendations from this forum.

I went with the 10 GPD 45MHP10 adjustable out put 220V and a UV tank. I figure i can connect it directly to my timer where the filter pump is connected... That way when the filter pump runs the stenner is running.
it is going to show up with a cord and plug installed. While some folks cut off the plug and just wire to the timer, I added a receptacle to the timer to plug the Stenner in. You can see it on my install page I linked above.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Remember that these pumps can be increased or decreased in output simply by changing out the tube. So if you find that the size of pump you got isn't doing what you want, you can change it.

I am looking at removing my Nature 2 Fusion system. this is connected with two black unions to the fusion vessel itself.
I would like to find fitting that would be able to connect to these so i can pipe threw what i removed without cutting and gluing existing piping.
I also figured this would be a good place to put a tee for the injection pump fitting.
The question us where do i find the other 1/2 of those black unions?

I take it the nature 2 is after your filter. If the two unions face the same direction you will have to get two and only use one side. If they are opposite then you will only need one union. The female side would go to one and the male to the other side. I don't know of a place that has just one side if the union. A good picture will show us how many you will need.

I had a Power Clean Ultra inline chlorinator that was plumbed into my system using unions. Unfortunately, it was not a standard union size (or at least a size I knew of), so I could not simply replace it with a tee for the injection fitting. It would be nice if the Nature 2 Fusion used standard unions.

935874d89f51e9b5b30864a684079a75.jpg

This is a picture of the unions I need the other 1/2 of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are pool specific unions. They are odd ball size and you will need two male side unions. I don't think you can find them individual so your only going to use half. It looks too close to your tee on the left. I think your only real option is two couplings, tee, and two unions of standard size. I don't frequent them, but a pool store might be your only bet.

Those are pool specific unions. They are odd ball size and you will need two male side unions. I don't think you can find them individual so your only going to use half. It looks too close to your tee on the left. I think your only real option is two couplings, tee, and two unions of standard size. I don't frequent them, but a pool store might be your only bet.

2 female union sides.

Since nature 2 is not Zodiac, and those really look a lot like Zodiac units. I bet you could use these http://www.poolsupplyunlimited.com/...Pair/53046p1?gclid=CJzcgb7J8cQCFYKVfgod9WMA-Q

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.