Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool in South East Florida

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool in South East Florida

Hello fellow pool owners:

I am in the process of building a pool
    Pool Size: 15' x 32' with cut corners (90 lft)
    Spa Size : 7' Hexagon
    Permits are all squared away.
    I got to change the plans due to the pervious/impervious ratio.
    Deck (red marking on picture) is going to be bishop hat.

Will post more during the process and will appreciate any feedback.

Deck review 2015-02-07.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool in South East Florida

Im curious so I will ask a question.

Is there any particular reason you put the skimmer in the corner?

If that the direction the usual prevailing winds will push debris?
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

We don't normally recommend cutting corners around here. But, in your case we can make an exception since it looks good so far!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

It was recommended by the builder. Not a personal choice. Do you think the skimmer should be placed someplace other than the corner?
    Pool 16,841 GAL, IG, Marbletite plaster, Hayward Aquarite T-15, Filter C-2002 Hayward Cartridge, 2 Hp, 2 speed variable Hayward Tristar Pump, No Heater, Automation Hayward Aquaplus + Aquapod, Spa= 7' Octagon 700 GAL, Raised 12" Deck Pavers: Bishop Hat , Pool build started 3/30/2015

5. Back To Top    #5

I think skimmers work well in a cut corner. Too close to a regular 90 corner can cause issues due to poor flow. As long as it is down wind of prevailing wind flow, you should get great results.
    19204 Gallon L Shape with a 10X10 2nd Step Baja Ledge. Intellichlor IC-40, IntellipH, Cartridge Filter, Pentair Heater/Chiller (Heat Pump). Tons of Deck with Deck Jets. Construction Complete 6/5/17.

"If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks. Dig is completed.

IMG_0580.jpg
    Pool 16,841 GAL, IG, Marbletite plaster, Hayward Aquarite T-15, Filter C-2002 Hayward Cartridge, 2 Hp, 2 speed variable Hayward Tristar Pump, No Heater, Automation Hayward Aquaplus + Aquapod, Spa= 7' Octagon 700 GAL, Raised 12" Deck Pavers: Bishop Hat , Pool build started 3/30/2015

7. Back To Top    #7

The framing is now completed. I will try to setup pictures thru photobucket to save bandwith.

8. Back To Top    #8

I always forget how sandy your soil is, so vastly differently from our rock hard/clay soil here.
    Chris - aka cwescapexlt4x4
    (Build 8/26/14 - 10/17/14) in-ground Presidential Pools 15K gallon salt water pool Pentair Inteiliflo pump, Regal Blue Pebble, Clean & Clear filter, in-floor cleaning,
    LED light, 3' sheer spill, 2 benches, large Baja step. / Pergola by Booth Built 19W x 14D // Outdoor Kitchen, W/Primo grill and BBQ Coach kit for the island.

9. Back To Top    #9

Lookin good! Keep the pics coming!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter