Gecrabill

Bronze Supporter
Feb 24, 2014
Osprey, Florida
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I am on day 11 of my slam. I've made a few posts regarding some weird things going on during this slam. So in these 11 days, my filter pressure has only risen approximately 1psi or about 10% ( original pressure was 10, now it's 11). Filter is a year old. It is still in good condition. I just figured I would be seeing the pressure go up more than that, and quicker.

Yes, with a 100 sqft cartridge filter, I would expect the pressure to go up more quickly. This suggests that there might be a problem with the filter, perhaps a small tear in the filter fabric somewhere.

Ok, pulled the filter, cleaned. It was dirty but not overly considering the oak tree pollen. Ugh. Upon inspection, I didn't notice any holes, the 3 straps that go around the filter, each have a spot where hey are no longer together. After clean and reinstall, filter pressure is still at 11lbs. Upon start up, it goes up to 30lbs the. Drops to 11. Get a slight gushing sound. No bubbles in the basket.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.