Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cartridge filter pressure during slam

1. Back To Top    #1

Cartridge filter pressure during slam

I am on day 11 of my slam. I've made a few posts regarding some weird things going on during this slam. So in these 11 days, my filter pressure has only risen approximately 1psi or about 10% ( original pressure was 10, now it's 11). Filter is a year old. It is still in good condition. I just figured I would be seeing the pressure go up more than that, and quicker.
    11,000 gallon gunite kidney pool. Krystal Krete blue pepper interior finish. Pentair Superflo VS pump, Pentair Clean and clear RP 100 filter. Goldline blue essence with T-15 SWG. Savi sol LED. 4 deckjets

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cartridge filter pressure during slam

Yes, with a 100 sqft cartridge filter, I would expect the pressure to go up more quickly. This suggests that there might be a problem with the filter, perhaps a small tear in the filter fabric somewhere.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

How high should the pressure spike upon initial startup?
    11,000 gallon gunite kidney pool. Krystal Krete blue pepper interior finish. Pentair Superflo VS pump, Pentair Clean and clear RP 100 filter. Goldline blue essence with T-15 SWG. Savi sol LED. 4 deckjets

4. Back To Top    #4

That varies quite a bit depending on several things, so not really a useful piece of information.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Ok, pulled the filter, cleaned. It was dirty but not overly considering the oak tree pollen. Ugh. Upon inspection, I didn't notice any holes, the 3 straps that go around the filter, each have a spot where hey are no longer together. After clean and reinstall, filter pressure is still at 11lbs. Upon start up, it goes up to 30lbs the. Drops to 11. Get a slight gushing sound. No bubbles in the basket.