Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CircuPool generator cell orientation

1. Back To Top    #1

CircuPool generator cell orientation

I purchased a CircuPool SI-30 Plus generator system. To be blunt, the installation instructions for the cell suck. The only thing that they stress is that the flow sensor be installed at least 12" from any elbows (it is a turbulence thing). The flow sensor isn't even marked for direction of flow. There is nothing in the directions about the installation of the cell itself.

Now, three questions:

1) There are no markings on the cell indication direction of flow. If you look into the ends, you can see plates on one end and a locator block (on the end with the cable) in the other. I assume that the internal sensors are on the cable end. Does it matter which end the water discharges from?

2) What is the proper orientation of the cell, horizontal, vertical, or does it matter?

3) If the orientation can be vertical, should the flow be up through the cell or down?
    Steve
    32 X 16 inground, 17260 gallons, Vinyl Liner, Triton II TR-60 filter,
    Sta-Rite 1hp pump Model #MPRA6E-147L, CircuPool SI-30 Plus SWG, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CircuPool generator cell orientation

The cell does not have a preferred direction of flow or orientation. The flow sensor does have a direction of flow requirement.

They never mention it, but based on other brands, you want to place the cell such that gas created in the cell won't flow back into the heater or filter when the pump is off.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the info! Due to filter house space limitations, I installed it vertically in a U shaped piping configuration so there is about a 6" "trap above the cell. Now, it is a waiting game to set the output levels. Per the manual startup section, I have it set at 75% output.
    Steve

4. Back To Top    #4

Are you certain there are no arrows on top of the flow sensor ?? As mentioned by Jason, the flow sensor does have a direction of flow requirement.
    20X36 IG vinyl (18,000 gal), 3 sheer descents, Max-Flo 1.5hp VS 2300, Aquarite T15 SWG, C3030 filter, 250,000 BTU heater, Sharkvac XL (Hayward equip)

5. Back To Top    #5

I looked several times for the slightest indication of direction of flow. No stickers, or arrows formed into the side of the pipe. Nothing at all. The instructions say there is a arrow on the switch itself but, I sure can't find it. The only way I could tell is the moveable arm inside the tee. Before I installed it, I took a magic marker and drew a flow arrow on the tee.
    Steve