Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need help choosing a liner color

1. Back To Top    #1

Need help choosing a liner color

Hello All,
    I'm looking for help with choosing a liner for my inground pool, which is currently under construction. There are quite a few liners I would love to see installed in pools. If you would please post pictures (1 sunny day picture/1 cloudy day picture) of your pool if you have ANY of the following liners, and your opinions of them. It's been very difficult finding actual pool pictures with some of these liners. These are the liners of interest....

Liners by Latham: Stonetite, Pebbletite, Gray Marble, Carrara, Sand Pebble, Gold Dust, Crystal, Travertine, Natural River Stone, Bronze Travertine, Gold Pebble.
    Liners by GLI: Gerano, Torino
    Liners by Megna: Greystone, White Terrazo, Grey Stucco, Sandstone

Thank you!!!
    17x33 omni inground pool, walk in steps, curved deep end steps, cantilever coping

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need help choosing a liner color

Welcome to TFP Mandy

Sorry, but the best I can offer you is to do a search around the forum, and perhaps youtube to see some different ones.

I just wanted to say welcome to the forum, and enjoy your time here.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Welcome to the forum Mandy
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ?° too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_B View Post
    Welcome to TFP Mandy

Sorry, but the best I can offer you is to do a search around the forum, and perhaps youtube to see some different ones.

I just wanted to say welcome to the forum, and enjoy your time here.
    Hi Patrick,
    Thank you for the response. I have gone through many threads and have seen some pictures. But I'm interested in seeing more. It's such a hard decision without seeing them in person. Hopefully people will respond with some good pictures. Keeping my fingers crossed!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you! Hoping for some good pictures to help me out.
    17x33 omni inground pool, walk in steps, curved deep end steps, cantilever coping

5. Back To Top    #5

Need help choosing a liner color

Welcome to TFP !
    Have you tried google images ? I know it can be hard without seeing it in person.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

6. Back To Top    #6

Patrick,
    Yes, so many times. Some of the more rare liners just don't seem to be out there in pictures. Just hoping people read this and say, "I have that kind of liner!" And post pictures.

7. Back To Top    #7

I'm in the exact same boat Mandy! I want to see Gli bonito and some more of gerano as well! Let me know if you find any and I'll do the same! I did find some on the Gli FB page but I think most are gerano and I wanted to see a whole pool view of bonito.

8. Back To Top    #8

Hi and welcome...

I have no idea what the make or model is of my liner (it came with the pool, which came with the house), but I really like it. It reflects the sun nicely and makes the water look really inviting on a hot, summer day. Here's a picture. You may be able to match it up based upon the design along the top.

---
    30,000 gallon vinyl pool
    Hayward DE Filter
    Hayward Super Pump
    AO Smith 1 1/2 HP Pump (27GPM)
    Polaris 380 Pool Cleaner

Check out the app I created to control my pool equipment from my smartphone:
    i-created-an-app-to-control-pool-equipment-with-smartphone-t61606-20.html

9. Back To Top    #9

Hi. Kodiak1120, I believe that is from Merlin Industires (Montego Bay Tile, Ocean Pebble bottom). I really wanted this for my pool but we went with another pattern. It looks great! Of course I'm sure many manufacturers make liners that look similar. When you need a new liner (not soon I hope) it's worth contacting them since they should have your pool specs on hand. My liner came with a spec sheet and a job number so I assume they have this on file for future orders.

For anyone thinking about liners I can say that dark bottoms show the seam easier than light colors (imo). I had a light color on my last pool and it was much harder to see. That being said once the pump is running the water is moving and you can't tell even with the darker color underwater. But above the water line I can easily see where the seam is at one particular point.
    Inground, vinyl liner, 16 x 32 (approx. 21k gallons), roman end w/ bench, 2 Jandy LED lights
    Pump: Jandy Flopro, 1.5 hp Heater: Raypak, 266k btu (P-R266-A-EN-C; nat gas) Filter: Jandy C340 (cartridge filter) Robot: Doheny's Dolphin Discovery

10. Back To Top    #10

Here's mine. No border on the liner. I like how it doesn't break up the pool with the coping stones (edge). Something to consider. I'm glad we did it like this.

Liner is in my signature.

24'x40' 25k gal Imperial Mountain Pond IGP, full 28 mil VynAll Ocean Breakers liner. All Hayward system: 140k BTU HeatPro heat pump, 3/4HP single speed TriStar 2" Pump, DE6020 filter, AquaPlus Automation/Salt Chlorination, remote controls, ColorLogic 4.0 lighting. Polaris 280 w/PB4-60 BP. TF100 & K1766 test kits. Rinox Palazzo pavers and Spherik coping. Pool installed 9/2013, project completed 6/16/14.

11. Back To Top    #11

I have Latham liner (looks like the same as kodiak1120 has)
    It's Cambridge/Royal prism and it features ultra-seam/invisible floor seam technology http://lathampool.com/ultra-seam
    I've posted about it here
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...280#post632280

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the brochure with actual Cambridge/Royal Prism liner (and many more) on page 19 http://lathampool.com/literature/Pacific_Liners.pdf
    Lagoon shape, 23,600 Gal, steel walls by International Swimming Pools, "ultra-seam" liner by Latham, Pentair 011018 IntelliFlo 3HP Variable Speed Pump, PentAir CCP420 filter, Heat Siphon Z575HP, PentAir IC40 SWG, 2 LED Lights (Pentair Intellibrite 5G, 110V). 4 x 1.5’’return lines, 2 x 2’’skimmer lines, 1.5’’ waterfall line. All plumbing is "TigerFlex" pipe, all lines plumbed individually. Deck: travertine glued over concrete.

12. Back To Top    #12

Here's how Cambridge/Royal Prism looks in my pool

Personally, I would go even with darker colors (black?). Wife likes Cambridge/Royal Prism.
    Lagoon shape, 23,600 Gal, steel walls by International Swimming Pools, "ultra-seam" liner by Latham, Pentair 011018 IntelliFlo 3HP Variable Speed Pump, PentAir CCP420 filter, Heat Siphon Z575HP, PentAir IC40 SWG, 2 LED Lights (Pentair Intellibrite 5G, 110V). 4 x 1.5’’return lines, 2 x 2’’skimmer lines, 1.5’’ waterfall line. All plumbing is "TigerFlex" pipe, all lines plumbed individually. Deck: travertine glued over concrete.

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by Nectarologist View Post
    Hi. Kodiak1120, I believe that is from Merlin Industires (Montego Bay Tile, Ocean Pebble bottom). I really wanted this for my pool but we went with another pattern. It looks great! Of course I'm sure many manufacturers make liners that look similar. When you need a new liner (not soon I hope) it's worth contacting them since they should have your pool specs on hand. My liner came with a spec sheet and a job number so I assume they have this on file for future orders.

For anyone thinking about liners I can say that dark bottoms show the seam easier than light colors (imo). I had a light color on my last pool and it was much harder to see. That being said once the pump is running the water is moving and you can't tell even with the darker color underwater. But above the water line I can easily see where the seam is at one particular point.
    Thanks for the info... I'll keep that in mind.
    ---
    30,000 gallon vinyl pool
    Hayward DE Filter
    Hayward Super Pump
    AO Smith 1 1/2 HP Pump (27GPM)
    Polaris 380 Pool Cleaner

Check out the app I created to control my pool equipment from my smartphone:
    i-created-an-app-to-control-pool-equipment-with-smartphone-t61606-20.html