Argh.... my Rapids 4WD just stopped working

mhoy

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
Sunnyvale, CA
Argh.... my Rapids 4WD just stopped working.

On pressing the go button, it pumps water for about 5 seconds, starts to move, then stops.

I suspect something may be jamming the wheels, but I can fairly easily turn the wheels (in one direction, not the other).

Help....

Re: New AquaBot Rapids XLS and 4WD

Currently quite unhappy with Aquabots phone support. Inept email/phone call backs.

I've been trying to get an answer to what needs done since previous post.

Anyone in Sunnyvale area willing to let me bring over my robot and power unit to help self diagnose the problem?

Mark

And eventually they get back and say, it's within the 2yr warrantee and that you will have to pay for shipping. Closest service center is in Texas. . .
This took numerous phone calls and emails. Pool looks like **** now too. ARGH....

Mark

Mark
Sorry to hear about your Bot issues and that AB support was slow in getting back to you.
My experience with AB support has been much better.
I guess it’s a matter of timing and I would have hoped they would be consistent but it looks like it’s hit or miss?

My unit has been working flawlessly and although it’s only in its first season I use in very often with all the sand and leaves that get into the pool.

Their Service map show 3 repair center in CA, looks like 2 maybe in the Bay area
http://www.aquabot.com/support/find-a-service-center/

Not sure why they didn't suggest the California ones. I suspect the map is out of date on their website and that the service centers are dropping them.

Pool looks like ****, been too busy with urgent family matters to really take care of the pool.

Mark

A quick update. Sent it for repair in Texas and it is now working fine. Cord seems to be tangling up more in the second season. The latest iteration of the 4WD has a swivel on the cord, it can be retrofitted, but at $250+ (can't remember the exact price) for the swivel upgrade it's not likely (at least for me).

A quick update. Sent it for repair in Texas and it is now working fine. Cord seems to be tangling up more in the second season. The latest iteration of the 4WD has a swivel on the cord, it can be retrofitted, but at $250+ (can't remember the exact price) for the swivel upgrade it's not likely (at least for me).

My rapids 4wd just did the exact same thing. Of course, warranty ended last month, what exactly was wrong with yours?

Wow, this thread was a while ago, but I've an update. So, to make a long story short, they replaced the motor. I paid for shipping to them, they paid to get it back. Less than a year later, another problem, probably the motor again.

IF you are the Sunnyvale, CA area, I have a Rapids 4WD you can have for a case of beer. It briefly seems to start and then stops. I gave up on it last year and went with a Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Robotic Pool Cleaner on May 2017 and it's been running fine without a kinked up cord. :-/

IMG_20180424_121533.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.