Water Feature Plumbing and Pump Question

TW Pool

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 21, 2015
The Woodlands, Texas
Hi all. I'm building out my pool equipment and trying to decide on which equipment. The primary question I would be interested in feedback on is on the connection type for a sheer decent. I'm looking at a 4-6' wide sheer decent coming out of an 18" raised wall (which on this side of the pool, the water level will be about 12" above the earth on the back of the wall). The question I have is on whether it is better to go with bottom plumbing (plumbed inside the gunite) or rear plumbing (coming out the rear of the wall).

A secondary question is on water feature pump recommendations. I'll likely have the 4-6' sheer decent (I know this creates a variance on the pump in question) with 1 Pentair ColorCascade and 4 deck jets. I am planning to go with mostly Pentair equipment and am considering the 3hp Intelliflow shared for the pool and spa.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. (More pool details to follow as I finalize the dimension details.

Thanks!

Whether or not you need 1 big pump or two smaller pumps will depend on the design, features, and size of the pool. If you could post a picture of your proposed design that will help us address your questions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.