Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: how do you clean pool screen enclosure

1. Back To Top    #1
    Orlando, FL

how do you clean pool screen enclosure

would love to get some tips on how to clean my pool screen enclosure which is getting greener and greener. So far I've been reading that most people are using bleach and spray it with garden sprayers but I am puzzled how to spray the top of the enclosure which is 11 feet high in my case. Was thinking about pressure washing it with chlorine but looks like i will need to get an extension wand and downstream injector. Would love to hear what others are doing
    11,9k IG gunite pool, Hayward C1200 cartridge filter, Hayward pump with UST1152 motor, Hayward CL220 chlorinator, solar panels, Hayward Navigator Pro vacuum, TF-100 w/ SpeedStir

2. Back To Top    #2
    Sunny Florida

Re: how do you clean pool screen enclosure

I use 1/3 chlorine to 2/3 water and test a spot on your pavers/ground surface and test on the actual screen enclosure and screen first.
    I have a white enclosure a black mesh screen. It works well. Not sure if you have a darker enclosure. So, please test small spot.
    I put it in one of those high pressured weed sprayers. Mine can reach 15+ feet high. Wear clothing that you dont care about. If you dont want to fry your hair, wear net and wear goggles. Let it sit for 30 mins or so and rinse with regular hose with extension or power washer on low setting.
    28k IG with Spa, hayward Super 2hp pump,
    120BTU Heater, Pentair PXC125 cartridge filter
    Love my Dogs, Maintain a Reef Tank, Foodie :)

3. Back To Top    #3
    Sun City West Arizona (2nd Home)

Re: how do you clean pool screen enclosure

Emphasis on Power Washer being on a low setting. High pressure can destroy the screening.
    14100 Gal IG MiniPebble, Pentair Intellichlor IC-40 SWG, Sand Filter, Pop Up Cleaning, Intelliflo VS Pump, Aquacal Heatpump/Chiller, 1/4 Acre Desert Landscaped, Lots of Deck. Built in 1984, updated in 2012 and 2014
    "If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"