Automatic Chlorinator?

Jun 4, 2012
NW CT
I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this but I'm sure someone will move it if needed.

Anyway I have to find a solution to my problem before I can open my pool this season. Due to some life changing events I need to figure out how to add bleach to my pool automatically. For work I travel and can be gone for as much as 3 weeks at a time. I no longer have anyone at home to test and add bleach daily. Thats my problem.

I've use the BBB method here since we did the install and don't want to change. I've used bleach only and trying to remember what we added on average daily. I'm thinking it was between 4- 8 cups a day to maintain. So can anyone give me some suggestions on what I can install to do this for up to 3 weeks? Again I don't think I want to go to anytime of pucks just because from what I know about that they tend to add a bunch of stuff I don't really want to be messing with. My pool stays really good without having to add much other than the bleach.

Thanks for any suggestions

I just ordered the Liquidator. I think it was the cheapest route to go for me at the moment. Also I'm hesitant to change over to saltwater 1. Because with a new job and being gone so much now I don't really have the time to figure out a new system. 2. Because I'm hesitant to run salt water with my AGP. I'm concerned with corrosion it may cause. I have seen people do it on here. I hope this works for now to solve my current issue. Thanks for the recommendation.

I love my liquidator and I've had it for about a month. Easy to install. I believe the 8 gal system will give you closer to three weeks. You hopefully will be able to babysit it for a week or so because it takes some tweaking. Many posts about setup and useful tips on thid forum.

A 26k pool is on the large side for a Liquidator just due to the amount of bleach that must be added daily. You will need between 2/3 of a gallon and a full gallon of 8.25% daily to add 2-3ppm so you may find yourself having to fill it weekly.

A 26k pool is on the large side for a Liquidator just due to the amount of bleach that must be added daily. You will need about 2/3 of a gallon of 8.25% daily so you may find yourself having to fill it weekly.
Agree -

The capacity limitation of the Liquidator was one of the reasons I went with a Stenner pump. My tank will last just about a month without refilling.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.