Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: history question

1. Back To Top    #1

history question

What was the old (1980"s) pool cleaner that was a bunch (3 or 4) of hoses that ran around on the bottom of the pool?
    Were they any good?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: history question

Are you thinking about the Kreepy Krauly?

Or, maybe the Arneson Pool Sweep?

3. Back To Top    #3

kind of like the arneson, but I think it just plugged into a dedicated pressure jet.

4. Back To Top    #4

I was thinking the old pool sweep. Funny, that technology hasn't come far from the old Arneson models.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

5. Back To Top    #5
    Tucson, AZ

My current pool is plumbed for about 10+ whips around the sides of the pool. Wife grew up in a house that had them ... I have never found the whips available to buy if I wanted to nor even found pictures of them in action. They just screw into the side of the pool and whip all the return water around to keep the dirt suspended ... like a precursor to the in-floor pop-ups. Wife said they were quite fun to play with and shoot each out with

Wow, I think I just found the parts for mine:
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

I guess it is the poolmaid I might try one. I have a lazy spot in one end of the pool when I run my pump on low.